Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Rains Came Down and the Flowers Came Up

We can't believe how much rain we've had lately! It has really made us worried that our flowers are going to die from getting too much water. But today I went out to give them a closer look, and they are all blooming! They look a little yellow in places, but we're just praying for a few sunny days so the flowers can have a break from all the water.

I took a few pictures of what the flowers look like today and wanted to show how different they all look from when we first planted them. I just love our flowers! They're so fun and friendly.

Here are some before and after pictures from when we first planted the flowers till now. The pictures are nothing like my friend Joanie's pictures, but they'll do!
Before:


After:

We love the yellow snap pods in the back! So fun!

Before:


After:

A little more color from when we first planted.

Before:


After:


I love all the white. That was Tyson's idea to plant those like that. Good job, Tys!

Before:


After:
Before:
After:
This one is my favorite pot. I can't believe how full it looks! When we bought the snap pods in the middle of this pot we thought they were pink and orange. There was no sign of color so really it was just a guess. But I love how they turned out! The yellow, red, and white look really good together in the middle of the purple and white flowers.
Before:
After:
We have been lucky with this sunflower plant. I think it is the location. It is more blocked from the wind than the other plant. I wish I could say that our other sunflower looks as good:
Before:
After:
Sad picture, huh. We've been pretty bummed that the wind and rain have hit this little guy so hard. He doesn't look as happy as he used to be.
***
We've really loved taking care of our lawn and flowers. Hopefully the sun comes out so our sunflowers can snap out of it!
cloud image via aperfectworld.org

3 comments:

Joanie said...

Aside from the poor sunflower, yours are doing great! Mine are all a little sad. I'm jealous of your cute pots. Maybe I'll do something like that next year.

My camera is a Canon Rebel XTi. I love it, but I'm still trying to figure it out. And I could use a new lens, but that won't happen anytime soon.

Unknown said...

Your flowers look awsome!

Amber said...

OH Mester they are so cute!!!! Good job!

Post a Comment