Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
1. Tyson - I hate to break it to you, ladies, but I am marrying the greatest guy in the world!! He is amazing. It has been so hard not being able to see him as much as I've wanted to where he lives in Idaho and I'm in Utah. But I think this distance has been so good for our relationship. It has really made us appreciate each other, and it has made me realize how much I really do love him. If I had it my way I wouldn't do the long distance thing! But where this is the hand I've been dealt, I'm doing just fine with it. Tyson has been a dream come true. I can't even imagine my life without him. Heck, I don't even remember what life was like before we met! But I'm glad we were brought together. I am so blessed to be marrying such a wonderful guy.
2. The Bob & Penney Murri family - Speaking of living in Utah, these are the people who have so kindly brought me under their roof to live with them till my internship is finished in December. Bob is my mom's brother. I have had a blast living with these guys! Where they live in Farmington, I haven't ever been able to get to know them as well as my other family members in the Murri family. And living with them has totally changed that. I have had so much fun getting to know them so much better. I just love their family! They have four kids: Tyler (24 - lives in Bountiful), Miles (21 - going to BYU), Ashleigh (18 - living at home, working, and getting ready to go to school), and Kayleigh (10 - 5th grader and absolutely hilarious). I'm glad I've had the chance to live with these guys. They have also been nice enough to let Tyson stay with them when he comes to town to see me. For that I am extra extra grateful. It has saved so much money on fuel and hotel costs...I can't even say how grateful I am to them for that. This move to Utah has probably been the hardest thing I've ever had to do. And if I wasn't living with family I would be having the hardest time. Bob, Penney, and their family have made this big change in my life so much easier, and I can't thank them enough for that.
3. My family (O'Connor's) - They have been my #1 fan since I was born and I love them for that! They have been very supportive of my decision to move to Utah, making it that much easier to move. I miss them like crazy, but I know that they know I'm doing the right thing. My mom has been awesome helping me plan my wedding while I'm out of the state. It is hard enough planning a wedding, but try doing it away from both your familiy, your fiance', and out of the state everything is happening. HARD! But my mom has made things a lot easier for me by making phone calls and getting me appointments on weekends I'm in Idaho. Thanks, Mom! Another thing I love about my family is the fact that they love Tyson. They have liked him from the very beginning, they think he is awesome. And they are always asking about him and when he's coming over to their house next. :) I love you guys!
4. My friends at Richter7 - Again, this move to Utah has been so hard! And what a change! I've had to make changes with a lot of everyday things. Traffic, new city, new job, new people...It was very scary starting a new job in a new state. But I have made some great friends here at Richter7 that I am so grateful for! Megan, Amanda, and Abby are the girls in the PR department who I work with every day, and they are awesome! I love these girls. They have made starting a new job so much easier because of their welcoming and friendly personalities, and they're always willing to help out when it is needed. I have so much fun with these girls on a daily basis, and they make work that much better. The thought of having to leave here in six weeks makes me really sad to think about because of these three girls. They have definitely blessed my life, and I can' thank them enough for that. (Did I mention Abby is getting married in January too? January 15th!)
5. My family (Miller's) - I am so blessed to be marrying into such an awesome family! For those of you who don't know, Tyson's brother Clark and I were good friends in high school and our group of friends used to go over to his house to hang out. Since high school I have loved Milan and Julie (my future in-laws) and I always thought their family was so nice and fun. And now I get to be a part of it! Woo hoo! They have been so warm and welcoming, and I really appreciate it. Julie invited me to join the Miller Family Website this week and I was so excited! I have received so many friendly welcome notes from members of the Miller familiy - cousins, aunts... - and I have felt very much a part of it. I've already been able to get to know my future brothers and sisters in-law as well, and I just love them all! And my future neices and nephews...I love them so much! Thanks for everything!
Monday, October 27, 2008
Tyson came down this last weekend and it was wonderful! We had a great time together. He made it into town by 8 p.m. and we visited with Penney for a while. We decided that night to just relax and watch a movie. So we popped in "While You Were Sleeping" - Amber and my mom's all-time-favorite movie.
On Sunday, Tyson and I went to church with Bob, Penney, and their family. I love attending church with Tyson, it makes me very excited to go to church as a married couple. :) Sacrament meeting was the primary program so I was very excited once again. And of course, it made me cry. Tyson spent most of Sunday with me and didn't leave till 6:00 or so. It was great being able to spend the weekend with him. I can't wait till this weekend when I get to go to Idaho and see him again!
The sunsets have been so pretty over the last couple of weeks so I thought I should take some pictures. This is the view from my bedroom window. So fun!
Friday, October 24, 2008
Ashleigh and I worked on this one together.
And this is the back.
Ashleigh if she had a pumpkin head
After the performance we went to lunch at a cute little shop in Kaysville. It was so good! I had sandwich on some delicous honey whole wheat bread. After lunch we went next door to a craft boutique where they had some really cute decorations for Christmas, Halloween, and Thanksgiving. I loved going through there, it made me so excited to decorate my house with holiday decor!
Tyson is coming tonight and I'm so excited!!! We get to see each other on the weekends so I've been very happy with that. We tried going a weekend without seeing each other and it just wasn't a good idea. So...we're switching off the weekends in Utah and Idaho. I'll be in Idaho the next two weekends for Halloween, family events, and wedding appointments, so that should be fun.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
1. I don't like baked potatoes. And I'm from Idaho. What's up with that?
2. My favorite movie has been Dirty Dancing since I was four years old.
3. I've never been to California.
4. I haven't read any of the Twilight series. (I know, where have I been?)
5. I have never seen a single James Bond movie. Not even the new ones.
6. I have watched all ten seasons of Friends from start to finish at least three times.
7. I hate Butterfingers candy bars.
Monday, October 20, 2008
That concludes my birthday weekend. It was awesome, I loved it! Thanks to everyone who helped make this birthday so special! Mom and Dad, Tyson, my siblings...I couldn't have asked for a better birthday. And thanks to all of you who have sent me birthday wishes, that has been so sweet! I have the most amazing family (O'Connor's and Miller's!) and I'm so blessed to have them all in my life. I'm so glad I have had a twin to share all my birthdays with over the last 24 years. I wouldn't want it any other way.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
I love the view in the background! I definitely don't get sick of seeing that every day. So fun!
And I really liked their colors. These were the center pieces on their tables. I always wanted a fall wedding because I wanted to use the fun fall colors. But now I'm really excited to be having a winter wedding!
Britney, Aaron, and I at the reception
Sunday, October 12, 2008
We woke up on this morning to six inches of snow. Seriously?! It felt like Christmas! We went to church and enjoyed a really nice fast and testimony meeting in Bob and Penney's ward. I love fast and testimony meeting. Bob bore his testimony and it was really nice.
After church I had Amber take a few pictures of Tyson and me. Can you see the snow on the mountain in the background? Crazy!
I once again had a perfect weekend. Our family gets along so well, it was so fun being able to hang out with my brother, sister, and in-laws. And I love being engaged! Tyson is the man of my dreams, and I feel so blessed to have him in my life. January 10 isn't coming fast enough! The next time I see Tyson will be on Thursday night, and I'm already excited for that day to come. I will be in Idaho for mine and Amber's birthday on Saturday. So just a friendly reminder that the holidays officially start Saturday, I love it! I loved the last few days, they were so fun!
What a great weekend!
The picture below is from when I met up with Kaylie and Stacy in Lehi to go to dinner. It was so much fun!! I loved being able to see friends I haven't seen in a while. We reminisced about some fun high school memories. We had a great time. It is nice having friends so close that I can hang out with every now and then. I love these girls!