Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I was looking through my blog archives and I haven't done "Thankful Thursday" since July. July! How sad is that?! I was thinking today about a few specific things I have been really thankful for lately, and I wanted to share them with you.

________________________

1. Tyson - I hate to break it to you, ladies, but I am marrying the greatest guy in the world!! He is amazing. It has been so hard not being able to see him as much as I've wanted to where he lives in Idaho and I'm in Utah. But I think this distance has been so good for our relationship. It has really made us appreciate each other, and it has made me realize how much I really do love him. If I had it my way I wouldn't do the long distance thing! But where this is the hand I've been dealt, I'm doing just fine with it. Tyson has been a dream come true. I can't even imagine my life without him. Heck, I don't even remember what life was like before we met! But I'm glad we were brought together. I am so blessed to be marrying such a wonderful guy.

2. The Bob & Penney Murri family - Speaking of living in Utah, these are the people who have so kindly brought me under their roof to live with them till my internship is finished in December. Bob is my mom's brother. I have had a blast living with these guys! Where they live in Farmington, I haven't ever been able to get to know them as well as my other family members in the Murri family. And living with them has totally changed that. I have had so much fun getting to know them so much better. I just love their family! They have four kids: Tyler (24 - lives in Bountiful), Miles (21 - going to BYU), Ashleigh (18 - living at home, working, and getting ready to go to school), and Kayleigh (10 - 5th grader and absolutely hilarious). I'm glad I've had the chance to live with these guys. They have also been nice enough to let Tyson stay with them when he comes to town to see me. For that I am extra extra grateful. It has saved so much money on fuel and hotel costs...I can't even say how grateful I am to them for that. This move to Utah has probably been the hardest thing I've ever had to do. And if I wasn't living with family I would be having the hardest time. Bob, Penney, and their family have made this big change in my life so much easier, and I can't thank them enough for that.

3. My family (O'Connor's)
- They have been my #1 fan since I was born and I love them for that! They have been very supportive of my decision to move to Utah, making it that much easier to move. I miss them like crazy, but I know that they know I'm doing the right thing. My mom has been awesome helping me plan my wedding while I'm out of the state. It is hard enough planning a wedding, but try doing it away from both your familiy, your fiance', and out of the state everything is happening. HARD! But my mom has made things a lot easier for me by making phone calls and getting me appointments on weekends I'm in Idaho. Thanks, Mom! Another thing I love about my family is the fact that they love Tyson. They have liked him from the very beginning, they think he is awesome. And they are always asking about him and when he's coming over to their house next. :) I love you guys!

4. My friends at Richter7
- Again, this move to Utah has been so hard! And what a change! I've had to make changes with a lot of everyday things. Traffic, new city, new job, new people...It was very scary starting a new job in a new state. But I have made some great friends here at Richter7 that I am so grateful for! Megan, Amanda, and Abby are the girls in the PR department who I work with every day, and they are awesome! I love these girls. They have made starting a new job so much easier because of their welcoming and friendly personalities, and they're always willing to help out when it is needed. I have so much fun with these girls on a daily basis, and they make work that much better. The thought of having to leave here in six weeks makes me really sad to think about because of these three girls. They have definitely blessed my life, and I can' thank them enough for that. (Did I mention Abby is getting married in January too? January 15th!)

5. My family (Miller's) - I am so blessed to be marrying into such an awesome family! For those of you who don't know, Tyson's brother Clark and I were good friends in high school and our group of friends used to go over to his house to hang out. Since high school I have loved Milan and Julie (my future in-laws) and I always thought their family was so nice and fun. And now I get to be a part of it! Woo hoo! They have been so warm and welcoming, and I really appreciate it. Julie invited me to join the Miller Family Website this week and I was so excited! I have received so many friendly welcome notes from members of the Miller familiy - cousins, aunts... - and I have felt very much a part of it. I've already been able to get to know my future brothers and sisters in-law as well, and I just love them all! And my future neices and nephews...I love them so much! Thanks for everything!

2 comments:

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

Alli, you're such a sweetheart, always have been, always will be. You are going to make a really great mother and wife!

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

You just needed an excuse to make it even posts for the month. ;) Hahaha. JK I love your Thankful Thursdays. It is so nice to hear all of the good things that are out there and all of your positivity. You are wonderful.

Post a Comment