Sunday, October 12, 2008

Track Jackets and Cherry-Dipped Cones

I had such an awesome weekend! Amber, Che', and Tyson drove down here on Friday night for a weekend sure to be filled with some good times. It was so good to see them when they drove up! I've really missed them. Our original plan was to meet up with Aaron and Britney for Frightmares at Lagoon. But that changed when the weather forecast predicted 40-degree weather and a 60% chance of snow. So we decided to play it by ear and find other things to do.
When they arrived at the house I took Tyson aside and gave him a little present I had gotten for him this week. He is always so sweet and surprises me with flowers and other things. Not to mention the diamond ring on my left hand! So I decided to go shopping for a new track jacket for him. He loves track jackets and had mentioned he wanted another navy blue one. (Yes, that's right. I said ANOTHER. He loves them!) I gave him the track jacket along with some pumpkin candy corns and a couple "mixed tapes" I had made for him. He loved the jacket and he looks great in it. He's wearing it in some of the pictures so feel free to check him out! He looks hot! ha ha
After they settled in on Friday night, Amber, Che', and Tyson played cards with my cousin Ashleigh, her boyfriend Nate, and I. We had a great time. We stayed up late talking to Bob and Penney (my aunt and uncle) and it was so much fun.

The next morning we got ready and had a nice breakfast with Bob and Penney's family. After discussing new plans with Aaron and Britney, we decided to spend the day shopping and visiting Grandma O'Connor. We started out at the Gateway Mall in Salt Lake where we also met up with Billy and Tonya Bush. They are good friends of ours. In fact, Billy has been a friend of mine since I was two years old so we go way back. Our parents have been best friends for the same amount of time. We had a great day shopping and spending time together, eating lunch at Costa Vida...It was fun.

After parting ways with Billy and Tonya, the rest of us drove down to Midvale to see Grandma O'Connor. It was so fun being able to visit with her. I hadn't seen her for a few weeks so it was fun visiting her again. She got to meet Tyson for the first time, and she just loved having us there. She's great.

We were able to get a picture with all of us and Grandma:


That evening Aaron and Britney spent time with Britney's family in Cedar Hills. So Amber, Che', Tyson, and I decided to head over to P.F. Chang's for dinner. It was so good! We ordered a few different dishes and shared them, which I highly recommend. It was fun being able to try a few different things. We had a great time. I love spending time with my twin sister! I miss her so much, and I'm just glad we were able to spend this weekend together. After dinner we had a very eventful drive home, thanks to Tyson. :) Let's just say I couldn't stop laughing. We decided to go to Centerville to hit up the local DQ for a cherry-dipped cone. Delicious! We love those things.

We were able to get a few shots at P.F. Chang's as well:


We woke up on this morning to six inches of snow. Seriously?! It felt like Christmas! We went to church and enjoyed a really nice fast and testimony meeting in Bob and Penney's ward. I love fast and testimony meeting. Bob bore his testimony and it was really nice.
After church I had Amber take a few pictures of Tyson and me. Can you see the snow on the mountain in the background? Crazy!


I once again had a perfect weekend. Our family gets along so well, it was so fun being able to hang out with my brother, sister, and in-laws. And I love being engaged! Tyson is the man of my dreams, and I feel so blessed to have him in my life. January 10 isn't coming fast enough! The next time I see Tyson will be on Thursday night, and I'm already excited for that day to come. I will be in Idaho for mine and Amber's birthday on Saturday. So just a friendly reminder that the holidays officially start Saturday, I love it! I loved the last few days, they were so fun!

What a great weekend!

_______

The picture below is from when I met up with Kaylie and Stacy in Lehi to go to dinner. It was so much fun!! I loved being able to see friends I haven't seen in a while. We reminisced about some fun high school memories. We had a great time. It is nice having friends so close that I can hang out with every now and then. I love these girls!

8 comments:

Judy said...

Oh my gosh, Tyson and che look like they could be brothers. You guys all look so cute. Can I steal the picture of you girls? I would love to put it on my blog. Stacy loved being able to see and talk to you! So blessed to have good friends.

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I am so glad you had fun. You are just such a cute and glowing in love girl! Tyson must really be great. On Saturday,make sure you look at that old picture of me at your birthday party ages ago and get a good laugh and think of me singing "happy birthday Fallison and FAmber". Love ya lots!!

Jessica said...

Looks like a great time! You and Tyson really are a cute couple. Your posts are always so happy and upbeat, it's fun to read!

Chelsi said...

So fun!~ I will be in Utah today and tomorrow if we get a minute I'll call you and try to meet up with you! Love ya.

Ashley and Dave said...

You look so pretty, and I totally have that shirt in dark brown...i love it.

Party of Five said...

Ummmm....I'm slow in telling you this, but you look super good, lady! I keep meaning to tell you. Those pics are beautiful, and so are you.

Amber said...

good times sis! That was so much fun, can't wait for this weekend. Love you!

Tyrel Murri said...

Wish I could have gone. :(

Post a Comment