Thursday, October 2, 2008

Welcome, October!

Happy October!
I thought I would kick the month off with a new background for this awesome time of year. Since I was a kid October has been my favorite month. Fall is my favorite season in general. But I just love October! I love the feeling in the air during the month of October. Not only is it literally a little chilly outside (which I love, that means super cute fall clothes) but I love the excitement of Halloween on the 31st. By far one of my favorite holidays! I loved trick-or-treating as a kid and running around with my sister and friends on Halloween. I love how that day feels all together! So fun. Tyson and I both love walking down the Halloween candy aisles at the stores, oohing and ahing at all the wonderful treats screaming at us to buy. And I love how the feeling of Halloween lasts all month long, gearing us all up for the actual holiday. October is also a great month because of all the awesome movies on TV. Amber can agree with me on this one for sure! She loves scary movies. I like the classic "Halloween" movies with Jamie Lee Curtis. And I know it normally comes around at Christmas, but during Halloween I love watching "The Nightmare Before Christmas." This is one of my all-time favorite movies. I love Jack the Pumpkin King!

A fun thing to do during the month of October is visit Lagoon in Farmington, UT, and go to Frightmares. It is so much fun! The whole place is decked out in Halloween decor, including cemetaries and Lagoon staff walking around in costumes. The rides are all open (excluding water rides) and there is a lot going on. It is so fun! Amber, Che', Britney, Aaron, Tyson, and I are going next weekend and I'm so excited!
Another important date to remember this month is the 18th. Not only is it mine and Amber's birthday, but it is the official start of the holidays (according to Amber and I). Every year Amber and I kick off the holidays with a birthday celebration. Then it's on! We're talking October 18-January 1, the official holiday time period.
________
I love October!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Ali! I LOVE fall to. I love your blog. Cute. I talked to Mae last night and she said that she had a best and she is so excited for you. You are so dang cute. I love ya!

Britney O'Connor said...

Hey missy! Aaron and I are coming to frightmares too! Don't forget us! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, what weekend are you guys going? Wyatt and I are going on Sat. the 11th with a huge group of friends! Maybe we'll see you there. Did you ever know Chelsie Watson? she's going too!

Jan Rhoades said...

hey, congrats on your engagement. that is awesome. I am very excited for you. We will look forward to an announcement in the mail
Jan Rhoades

Post a Comment