- Go grocery shopping
- Clean the house
- Go to Kohl's and spend some gift cards
- Have a Halloween party at our house and hopefully pass out candy to trick-or-treaters (We're not sure if anyone will come over ha ha)
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Friday, October 30, 2009
I woke up this morning and felt awake, but I had a stuffy nose and felt very weak. After eating my daily dose of Rice Krispies without the milk, I started getting ready for the day. And it was a struggle! I kept having to sit down. Driving to school was tough, and it didn't help that the highway was really wet and foggy. (I think some people forget how to drive when it snows and it actually sticks for the first time.)
I just took my HR Management test and thought I was going to fall over the entire time I was taking it. Have you ever had that feeling where your face feels really hot and you can feel your pulse coming out of it? That was me. And just sitting here typing this has been a struggle. I'm trying to keep munching on crackers and trail mix, and taking occasional sips on water. But all I want is to go home and get in my bed. Too bad I don't get out of class till 4:15.
I get worried every time I get remotely sick. Especially when I feel so weak like this. I had a seasonal flu shot about a week or so ago, and this week I received the H1N1 vaccine. I'm hoping I'm in the clear in those two areas. But it still freaks me out to be sick. Hopefully this is just something my bed and a hot drink can fix.
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Che' & I playing Mario Kart
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
1. My stomach has been very sensitive to how certain foods look and smell. When I walk through the Clarke buidling on campus I have to go through the culinary arts hall to get to my family relations class. On one occasion I was walking up the stairs toward that hall when I saw someone with a blueberry bagel. I had a sick feeling in my stomach just looking at it. As I reached the hall and continued down it I noticed EVERYONE had one of those darn things. And they were all talking about them. Plus, the further I got down the hall the scent of them got stronger because the students were making them. Talk about overload!
2. I've had to either eat a sucker, munch on crackers, or sip on something like diet pepsi on my way up to campus or my gag reflexes go crazy. There have been a couple of times when I thought I was going to lose it all over the sidewalk.
3. Every morning before school I have to pack up snacks for the day. I'd rather snack all day than eat actual meals. This normally consists of:
- half peanut butter sandwich
- saltine or ritz crackers
- a string cheese
- some baked cheetos
Pretty much a good mix of things to munch on throughout the day. On one particular morning I was running really late and Tyson packed my food for the day. Here's what he packed for me:
- a whole peanut butter and jelly sandwich
- gold fish crackers
- saltine crackers
- a raspberry jell-o pack
- a baggy of dum dums
- fruit snacks
- raspberry newtons
- carrot sticks
- diet coke
It was so thoughtful and sweet! He definitely didn't want me to go hungry. Needless to say I ended up eating half of the sandwich and a few of the other things. But he has been so supportive during everything, and I've really appreciated all of his help.
4. One night I randomly craved a Subway turkey sandwich on white bread. I don't normally get this ever, but it sounded so good! And it was. I told Tyson about my craving and he took me right over. That sandwich was amazing!! The funny thing is that it hasn't sounded good since. I guess that's how the craving thing works!
5. Brushing my teeth was REALLY hard for a while. It still is a little bit, but not as bad as it was before. I was a little worried about my teeth for a while because I couldn't keep the toothbrush back there for very long. Flossing was also hard.
6. Walking through Walmart was hard until yesterday. For the longest time I couldn't even walk through the grocery section without getting super nauseated. Specifically the Great Value box of lasagna made me sick. There were moments where I came close to ripping open a box of cereal or crackers to help calm it down. Instead I bought something that sounded good and waited till I got to the car to rip into it. Yesterday was the first time I have gone to Walmart without feeling nauseated once the entire time. Woo hoo!
7. The other day I woke up from a nap and was SO hungry. Then I remembered we had chips and salsa from Cafe Rio. So I decided to eat some. Wait, let me rephrase that: I decided to eat it ALL. And I was so sick afterward. It was great at first, but I over did it!
I'm sure I'll do some other strange things in the near future that I'll be sure to keep record of ha ha. In the mean time I have loved being pregnant. The first appointment was a wonderful experience, and I'm so excited to continue this journey!
Sunday, October 18, 2009
We went with a white cake and turned it orange. Very festive!
We ended up with chocolate frosting, pumpkin candies, Halloween sprinkles, and candles to make "25".
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Sunday, October 11, 2009
We were able to watch Dustin through the window give Jack his first bath. It was so fun to watch! I cried a little. :)
The nurse was taking pictures of him for Erika.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
I woke up this morning and was getting ready for the day when Tyson's brother Dustin called with some exciting news. They were on their way to the hospital because his wife Erika (who is 37 weeks pregnant) was in labor. Very unexpected! They had been at the temple to do a session when she started having contractions.
She wasn't too far into the labor so I went with Tyson's mom and Dustin and Erika's daughter, Lillie, to Tyson's cousin's wife Calese's baby shower. (That was a mouth full!) It was fun seeing Tyson's aunts and cousins on his dad's side. He has great family on both sides.
After the baby shower Tyson and I went up to the hospital to see Dustin and Erika. She had just received her epidural so she was feeling pretty good. We visited for a bit before leaving and going grocery shopping, where we just got back. We just received word from Dustin that Erika is all ready to go and they are just waiting for the doctor to arrive. So anytime now we're going to have a new nephew! We'll be bringing them dinner later tonight.
A friend in our ward, Debbie Grigg, passed away last weekend and her funeral was this afternoon. She was a very sweet lady and her family is wonderful. We love the Grigg family. And we know that the Lord will be watching over them at this difficult time.
This has been quite the eventful day! But we're just so excited to be gaining a new nephew. We love him already!
Friday, October 9, 2009
Thursday, October 8, 2009
My reason for confusion was identified when I checked my e-mail yesterday afternoon. I received an e-mail from my business teacher with the subject line saying, "Test Information / Urgent." When I opened the e-mail I was excited to read what was there. Everyone who had taken the test in our class had failed it. Some approached him on it, so he decided to go check things out at the Testing Center. He came to find that he had given the wrong test to the Testing Center. All of us who had taken the test took the one he had assigned to one of his 300-level business classes.
I knew that had to have been the wrong test! There was almost nothing on it that looked familiar to what we had been talking about in class. He has extended the correct test till next Wednesday so we have more time to study for the right one. Woo hoo! Talk about an answer to prayers.
Thanks again for all your good advice! It was comforting and uplifting. I'll be sure to use it if I happen to bomb another test this semester. :)
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
I decided to take the business test first because I felt like I knew the information a little better. But when I opened the test booklet I realized I didn't recognize some of the information in the questions. I got really nervous as I started flipping through the pages realizing I didn't know a lot of the questions. At first I thought I was given the wrong test. So I looked at the front of the booklet, only to find that it was the right test. And I was in trouble. I struggled through almost the entire thing, guessing the answers that seemed to fit the questions the best. What a disaster. A lot of the details from the test weren't on the study guide. I felt like a complete failure.
And that I was! I completely failed that test. I won't even tell you the exact percentage. And the media planning test grade was frustrating as well. A lovely D+. I don't think I've ever scored that low on a communication test before. Needless to say I'm not having the best day ever on campus. At this point I'm worried for my business grade. I NEED to graduate in December so I can't fail any of my classes. But this test grade was horrible. I just hope it doesn't do too much damage to my overall grade or I'm in trouble.
Please tell me there is light at the end of the tunnel! Has anybody else ever completely bombed a test but turned out ok in the class? I have to get a C- in all of my classes to graduate. And right now I'm just feeling sick to my stomach knowing that I did so bad on my first test in that class. I could really use a diet pepsi, a Reese's peanut butter cup, and a hug right now.