Monday, October 5, 2009

My Husband the Baker

A couple of Sundays ago Tyson wanted to bake something. His first idea was bread but I told him that for someone who doesn't bake very often bread might be a little too difficult. Not to mention that it takes a while and he wanted something sooner. So then he wanted to bake some cookies. I shot that one down as well because I knew I'd be taking care of them and I really didn't feel like it ha ha. Finally he thought of brownies. It was actually a good idea and the recipe isn't difficult. But he decided he didn't really feel like brownies. So I gave him the idea of making a box of Jiffy blueberry muffins. It was quick, easy, and they also sounded good. But I have to admit, it was more that I didn't want him to mess up on something from scratch. I know, that's terrible. But it was my thought at the time.
Yesterday after the first session of conference he mentioned that he wanted to make M&M cookies. I was a little apprehensive and wanted to tell him to make something else. But I decided that he deserved a chance and that he should give them a shot.
And he did a great job! I helped him with one step and guided him through a few others, but they turned out great and he took care of all of them.
I sound like I am talking about a 6-year-old. I admit it, I doubted his ability to bake. So I guess that's the lesson. He deserves some credit. I think all of our husbands do. If they want to try something they should just do it. And if they mess up...oh well! It was a good experience anyway. Good job, Tys! I love you!
But I'm going to help when it comes time to make bread. :)








9 comments:

Britney O'Connor said...

hahahha. That story was hilarious! Aaron is pretty much the baker/cook in our home :). He makes muffins allllll the time. SO good :).

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

And you didn't bring me any because...??? Jeff's actually a really good cook/baker, but I love baking, so rarely do I ever let him do it too!

love, Syd said...

AL!!! remember when you used to make deeeelicious cookies for us all the time?! those were the good ol' days... :-) i miss you! can we hang out soon?! puh-leeeze??

Unknown said...

Well guess what I'm doing today? Driving 15 minutes to Smiths to get a package of M&M's and making those cookies!! GAH!

Ashley said...

Oh that is so funny, I have to admit though, I would love it if my hub could cook, but still am not letting my husband touch anything in the kitchen, especially since he doesn't even know how to make koolaid!

TacieB said...

Way to go T-Man! The cookies look really yummy.

TacieB said...

Way to go T-Man! The cookies look really yummy.

Chelsi said...

Yum! They look delicious ;)

VicandNanc said...

Alli, you can't shoot these opportunities down! My husband has never had any desire to make anything from scratch so I'd LOVE to see him try & see how much work goes into my cooking! I hope Tyson continues to want to bake for you :)

Post a Comment