Monday, March 31, 2008
Friday, March 28, 2008
Thursday, March 27, 2008
On March 22, 2008, Jacob
Rasmussen and my cousin Deidre Murri were sealed for time and all eternity in the Idaho
Falls LDS Temple. After a week of bad weather, it was absolutely perfect for her
big day. She looked absolutely beautiful in her dress, and they both looked so
happy. I'm so glad I was able to share this day with them. I wanted to show
everybody some of the pictures I took on this great day. Enjoy!
We started our day by waiting outside the temple for Deidre and Jacob to come out. My cousin Jena, sister Amber, and I are seen here waiting with everybody after the sealing.
After what seemed like hours, Deidre and Jacob finally came out of the temple. She looked so beautiful! Her colors were pink and brown, so Deidre wore a pink ribbon around her dress and Jacob wore a brown suit.
She also wore pink shoes. Aren't those so cute! She showed them off for a picture as she said,
"The pink shoes were my favorite part!"
We arrived at the reception early for some photos. This is a picture of all us girls. We're best buddies! This picture is starting to turn into a little bit of a tradition for us. We just love each other so much!
At the receptioin, Deidre had three tables that were all set up at different heights. This one was the tallest and it had a couple of pictures of Deidre and Jacob, plus one of her bouquets. She also collected Precious Moments figurines when she was younger so one of them is displayed.
To be different, Deidre wanted to have a little candy table of pink and brown candies. It turned out super cute with junior mints, red and brown licorice, jelly beans, and strawberry milk shake whoppers.
On another table sat the cake. It turned out so cute with it's white icing and pink trimmings. The top and middle layers were real.
One of my favorite things about the reception was how simple and unique the dessert was. Deidre's favorite dessert is brownies, so she had chocolate brownies with strawberry ice cream to make a brown and pink dessert. Her sister, Jena, also made little mint truffles and glazed pink icing over them. It turned out so cute.
These last two pictures are the center pieces on her tables. The one with the tall vase was on round tables with a brown table cloth and pink runner. The one with the small square vase was on rectangle tables with a white table cloth and pink and brown runners. I loved the two different shapes of tables and the different colors of cloths. The contrast was awesome.
Deidre and Jacob's wedding day turned out to be so nice. After spending a few days in Vegas, they started their drive to Laguna Hills, California, where they will have their openhouse on Saturday. I love these guys, and I am so glad they found each other.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
1. I was 13 and dressing pretty stylish, I'm sure.
2. I loved the bands Hanson and Backstreet Boys. I also loved Leonardo DiCaprio.
3. I was playing volleyball.
4. I saw the movie "Titanic" atleast seven times in the theatre.
Things On My To-Do List Today...
1. Get the rock chip in my windshielf fixed.
2. Clean out the fish bowls. Yes, that's plural.
3. Go to Great Harvest.
4. Get some pictures copied to a CD.
5. Don't forget about the stake talent show!!
6. Take "Enchanted" back to the video store.
4 Things I Would Do if I Was a Billionaire...
1. Buy my parents and Dustin's parents new houses.
2. Buy Dustin and I both new cars.
3. Build a new house and include a music room with shelves and shelves of sheet music and a black grand piano.
4. Donate some of it to a great cause
3. Talking before I think about it first
5 Jobs I've Had...
1. Geraldine's Bake Shoppe & Deli
2. Western Watts (I don't recommend it at all)
3. Carino's Italian Grill (host, server, bar tender, key employee)
6 Things People Don't Know...
1. I love watching VH1 right before I go to bed.
2. I put my right sock on then my right shoe, then my left sock and left shoe. I don't put both socks on first then shoes. Weird, I know.
3. I don't like baked potatoes and I'm from Idaho.
4. I won the school spelling bee in the 5th grade.
5. I have a weakness for chocolate.
6. I love to bake.
3 People I Want to Tag...
1. Katie J.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
We gave her a Willow Tree statue and a bouquet of flowers at the open house. We also used them as decoration while everyone was there. The pictures to the right of the flowers are actually what are on the back of their announcement. The front is of them walking on the beach in California. It is so cute! It makes me wish I was in Californai. The pictures on the back were taken in both Idaho and California.
Their first date was a double date with Jacob's brother and his wife at Carino's and I got to be their server! It was fun. I'm glad I got to be a part of their first date! I'm so excited for Deidre and Jacob to get married next week!