Thursday, March 27, 2008

The One Where Jacob and Deidre Got Married


On March 22, 2008, Jacob
Rasmussen and my cousin Deidre Murri were sealed for time and all eternity in the Idaho
Falls LDS Temple. After a week of bad weather, it was absolutely perfect for her
big day. She looked absolutely beautiful in her dress, and they both looked so
happy. I'm so glad I was able to share this day with them. I wanted to show
everybody some of the pictures I took on this great day. Enjoy!

We started our day by waiting outside the temple for Deidre and Jacob to come out. My cousin Jena, sister Amber, and I are seen here waiting with everybody after the sealing.

This is my mom and my grandpa.

After what seemed like hours, Deidre and Jacob finally came out of the temple. She looked so beautiful! Her colors were pink and brown, so Deidre wore a pink ribbon around her dress and Jacob wore a brown suit.

She also wore pink shoes. Aren't those so cute! She showed them off for a picture as she said,

"The pink shoes were my favorite part!"

We arrived at the reception early for some photos. This is a picture of all us girls. We're best buddies! This picture is starting to turn into a little bit of a tradition for us. We just love each other so much!

The four of us girls have also been super close to our cousin Tyrel. The five of us have been the closest over the past five or six years and we have so much fun when we are together. I love my family!

At the receptioin, Deidre had three tables that were all set up at different heights. This one was the tallest and it had a couple of pictures of Deidre and Jacob, plus one of her bouquets. She also collected Precious Moments figurines when she was younger so one of them is displayed.

To be different, Deidre wanted to have a little candy table of pink and brown candies. It turned out super cute with junior mints, red and brown licorice, jelly beans, and strawberry milk shake whoppers.

On another table sat the cake. It turned out so cute with it's white icing and pink trimmings. The top and middle layers were real.

One of my favorite things about the reception was how simple and unique the dessert was. Deidre's favorite dessert is brownies, so she had chocolate brownies with strawberry ice cream to make a brown and pink dessert. Her sister, Jena, also made little mint truffles and glazed pink icing over them. It turned out so cute.

These last two pictures are the center pieces on her tables. The one with the tall vase was on round tables with a brown table cloth and pink runner. The one with the small square vase was on rectangle tables with a white table cloth and pink and brown runners. I loved the two different shapes of tables and the different colors of cloths. The contrast was awesome.

____________________________________________________________________

Deidre and Jacob's wedding day turned out to be so nice. After spending a few days in Vegas, they started their drive to Laguna Hills, California, where they will have their openhouse on Saturday. I love these guys, and I am so glad they found each other.

6 comments:

Charisa and Trent said...

Dagnabit!!! My parents received an announcement for their reception and I totally wanted to go! Kim Rasmussen was my best friend in middle school and most of junior high. I'm so sad that I missed it! Plus I would have gotten to see you beautiful ladies!

Todd & Chelsea said...

Can I just comment on how cute and creative that heart-shaped text is! Looks like a cute wedding! Its weird for me to see Jenna! I remember her from her wild trips to Logan. She looks much different now! Just think...not much loner and those types of pics will be of your wedding!
p.s. I finally did your tag.

Charisa and Trent said...

ok so.... um.... i looked at the announcement that my parents had received and it's a different Jacob Rasmussen who's actually engaged to a Desiree. Crazy.

Amber said...

Hey Al, so I absolutely love the heart on your page. I'm glad you decided to do that, i love it! Thanks for the comment. I changed my profile pic cuz my flowers were pink in that pic so I changed it. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks and that I love ya!!

Charisa and Trent said...

the Jacob Rasmussen my family knows is from here in Rexburg and their reception is next month.
so tell me about this boy of yours. :o)
add me on facebook or e-mail me we need to catch up.
chibaby0582@hotmail.com

Amber said...

Hey was that comment I got really from dad? :)

Post a Comment