Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Seven Somethings So Far

I sure love all you friends and family! Everyone has been so wonderful and supportive during this crazy time in our lives. We're just so excited about a little baby blessing our lives in May.

I started keeping a record of memorable experiences during this first pregnancy and I wanted to share some of those. Most of these have to do with food ha ha.

***

1. My stomach has been very sensitive to how certain foods look and smell. When I walk through the Clarke buidling on campus I have to go through the culinary arts hall to get to my family relations class. On one occasion I was walking up the stairs toward that hall when I saw someone with a blueberry bagel. I had a sick feeling in my stomach just looking at it. As I reached the hall and continued down it I noticed EVERYONE had one of those darn things. And they were all talking about them. Plus, the further I got down the hall the scent of them got stronger because the students were making them. Talk about overload!

2. I've had to either eat a sucker, munch on crackers, or sip on something like diet pepsi on my way up to campus or my gag reflexes go crazy. There have been a couple of times when I thought I was going to lose it all over the sidewalk.

3. Every morning before school I have to pack up snacks for the day. I'd rather snack all day than eat actual meals. This normally consists of:

  • half peanut butter sandwich
  • saltine or ritz crackers
  • a string cheese
  • some baked cheetos

Pretty much a good mix of things to munch on throughout the day. On one particular morning I was running really late and Tyson packed my food for the day. Here's what he packed for me:

  • a whole peanut butter and jelly sandwich
  • gold fish crackers
  • saltine crackers
  • a raspberry jell-o pack
  • a baggy of dum dums
  • fruit snacks
  • raspberry newtons
  • carrot sticks
  • diet coke

It was so thoughtful and sweet! He definitely didn't want me to go hungry. Needless to say I ended up eating half of the sandwich and a few of the other things. But he has been so supportive during everything, and I've really appreciated all of his help.

4. One night I randomly craved a Subway turkey sandwich on white bread. I don't normally get this ever, but it sounded so good! And it was. I told Tyson about my craving and he took me right over. That sandwich was amazing!! The funny thing is that it hasn't sounded good since. I guess that's how the craving thing works!

5. Brushing my teeth was REALLY hard for a while. It still is a little bit, but not as bad as it was before. I was a little worried about my teeth for a while because I couldn't keep the toothbrush back there for very long. Flossing was also hard.

6. Walking through Walmart was hard until yesterday. For the longest time I couldn't even walk through the grocery section without getting super nauseated. Specifically the Great Value box of lasagna made me sick. There were moments where I came close to ripping open a box of cereal or crackers to help calm it down. Instead I bought something that sounded good and waited till I got to the car to rip into it. Yesterday was the first time I have gone to Walmart without feeling nauseated once the entire time. Woo hoo!

7. The other day I woke up from a nap and was SO hungry. Then I remembered we had chips and salsa from Cafe Rio. So I decided to eat some. Wait, let me rephrase that: I decided to eat it ALL. And I was so sick afterward. It was great at first, but I over did it!

***

I'm sure I'll do some other strange things in the near future that I'll be sure to keep record of ha ha. In the mean time I have loved being pregnant. The first appointment was a wonderful experience, and I'm so excited to continue this journey!

17 comments:

Kimi Jean said...

I COMPLETELY understand!
Goodness!
I can never eat whole meals anymore, it's ridiculous. All I do is snack all day on crackers and string cheese and half PB and J sandwiches.
The worst thing for me is that bagels smell awful!
My employers have these whole wheat bagels that make me gag so bad!

Ashley and Dave said...

Ha! I love the teeth brushing comment :) The worse is when you have to cough and you always almost puke while doing it...lovely.

Ashley and Dave said...

Ha! I love the teeth brushing comment :) The worse is when you have to cough and you always almost puke while doing it...lovely.

Kristie said...

I don't know why but I love to hear about this kind of stuff. I think it makes you feel like your normal. I totally understand with the Brushing the teeth. Good Times :) I craved a lot of Different foods too. Towards the end all I wanted was Choc. and Ice Cream From Reeds Dairy. YUUMMY!!!! And When I craved something I had to have it or I would never forget about it. It only gets better from here on out. GOOD LUCK!!! :)

Lindsey said...

This is so funny to me! When I was pregnant with Avrie all I survived on the first three months were tortilla chips and carrots. I swear that's all I ate! My sister-in-law actually had to stop brushing her teeth so often and just chew gum in the morning because she would just throw up every time she brushed them! Gross! But we've all been there at some time during our pregnancies! I love hearing about it :) Congrats by the way!

Morrows said...

I COMPLETELY understand. It's weird how just looking at something or thinking about something makes you feel so nauseous, huh! Right now I crave Mexican food, ALL DAY EVERYDAY! I could eat at Garcia's or Puerta Villarta everday and be super happy! I actually never have had a problem brushing my teeth! That can't be fun. I love hearing other people say that things that they can't eat or that they crave or how thing just made them want to puke because it makes me feel more normal!

Adam and Brittany said...

Ha Ha...the joys of the 1st trimester! I couldn't brush my teeth without throwing up most days...then you just have to do it again. Bear Creek soups made me so sick just to look at the package, so funny. You're almost out of the yucky stage.

Ashley said...

Oh man, the fun things that come with being pregnant! It's so cute that your recording them, you'll love to look back and read this again. Oh, and you have such a wonderful husband! You guys sure are lucky to have each other!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Oh so fun!

Steph said...

I remembering having a hard time brushing my teeth, too. I had forgotten about that.

I think I only consistently craved french fries. For everything else, it just depended on the day.

Hope you get feeling better! :D

Judy said...

It is a sickness that is worth every second :} and that is gonna be one cute baby!

Mark & Nicole Oaks said...

Okay, so I must have missed a post. I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations! That is so exciting! The ultrasound looks like you must be pretty far along. That's awesome!

Unknown said...

I'm glad your keeping a good record of your pregnancy! It's funny to look back a few months afte ryou have the baby and laugh. Pregnancy cravings are sooo weird.

TacieB said...

Walking through Walmart makes me want to gag sometimes, too! :) And, I don't even have a baby to blame it on...

Katie said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. It's definitely a new adventure.

K&B Forever said...

Ali!!! I love that you are keeping a record of all those weird things going on with your body while you are pregnant!! I enjoyed reading them and laughed at a lot of them!! Miss you girly! and I am so excited for you!! Keep it up and keep that baby healthy! :-)

Abe n Linz said...

I am glad that you are able to still function and go to school! I could hardly even breath with out puking :( And I just knew I would have to brush my teeth twice everytime.
Fun post.

Post a Comment