Friday, October 30, 2009

One of Those Days

I feel just about how this dog looks.

I woke up this morning and felt awake, but I had a stuffy nose and felt very weak. After eating my daily dose of Rice Krispies without the milk, I started getting ready for the day. And it was a struggle! I kept having to sit down. Driving to school was tough, and it didn't help that the highway was really wet and foggy. (I think some people forget how to drive when it snows and it actually sticks for the first time.)

I just took my HR Management test and thought I was going to fall over the entire time I was taking it. Have you ever had that feeling where your face feels really hot and you can feel your pulse coming out of it? That was me. And just sitting here typing this has been a struggle. I'm trying to keep munching on crackers and trail mix, and taking occasional sips on water. But all I want is to go home and get in my bed. Too bad I don't get out of class till 4:15.

I get worried every time I get remotely sick. Especially when I feel so weak like this. I had a seasonal flu shot about a week or so ago, and this week I received the H1N1 vaccine. I'm hoping I'm in the clear in those two areas. But it still freaks me out to be sick. Hopefully this is just something my bed and a hot drink can fix.

On a happier note, Halloween is in about 12 hours. Woo hoo! That's something to smile about!

image via beautyology.com

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Allison! I hope things get better for you! Just wanted you to know I started a new blog, so you should add me to your list! Thanks!

Mindy Rees

Kristi said...

I'm sorry you aren't feeling good. That's the worst- especially when you are pregnant! Feel better!

Kristi said...

I'm sorry you aren't feeling good. That's the worst- especially when you are pregnant! Feel better!

Steph said...

I'm so sorry you're sick. It's a scary time to be pregnant! I hope you can get feeling better in time to enjoy Halloween.

Britney O'Connor said...

You have 24 hours to get will missy! Let us know if we need to relocate the party!

Amber said...

Oh I'm sorry you're sick Al! Be sure to sleep it off tonight so we can party tomorrow! I just hope you'll be feeling better tomorrow for Halloween! I hope you get feeling better. LOVE YOU!

Chelsi said...

Yuck! I had the 24 hr flu this week and it was HORRIBLE!! I hadn't thrown up since middle school... You may have felt yucky because you got vaccinated - my Dr told me that it's normal to experience flu like symptoms after you've been vaccinated. Get feeling better ;)

Morrows said...

I am sorry you are sick! I hope you get feeling better! I hate being sick too. Like Chelsi said it might just be symptoms from the shot. Sounds like you better be feeling better for the party you guys have planned!

Post a Comment