Friday, October 24, 2008

I've Got a Fever...Fall Fever

Five Little Pumpkins
a Halloween poem
____________________
Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate.
The first one said, "Oh my, it's getting late."
The second one said,"There are witches in the air."
The third one said, "But we don't care."
The fourth one said, "Let's run and run and run!"
The fifth one said, "We're ready for some fun."
Then "OOOOOO" went the wind and out went the lights,
And the five little pumpkins rolled out of sight!
*Author Unknown
_____________________

I know Amber will remember that little Halloween poem! That one has been a favorite since I was a little girl. I didn't work today so I have been to various places in Farmington and Kaysville, taking in all the fun fall colors and looking at some very fun Halloween decorations. I love this time of year!
First off, for FHE this last Monday night we had a nice lesson given by my cousin Kayleigh (10), and for the activity Bob had the idea of painting a couple of pumpkins and giving them to neighbors. It was such a fun idea, and we had a good time painting those pumpkins.
Here are a few pictures of the pumpkin-painting fun:
Aunt Penney, my cousins Kayleigh and Ashleigh painting the pumpkins while Uncle Bob and Ashleigh's boyfriend Nathan watch.



Ashleigh and I worked on this one together.
This is the front.

And this is the back.

Ashleigh if she had a pumpkin head

The finished product!
We had a fun time with this FHE activity. It is a great idea to have some fun and also give service to somebody who needs a friend this Halloween.
I have had quite a fun day! Penney and I went to Farmington Elementary with Penney's friend, Margaret, where my cousin Kayleigh is in the 5th grade. Her class has been reading a story about a boy who was in a talent show performing the song "La Bamba" and the music got stuck. And he was lip syncing, so he was mouthing the same words over and over again. (Too bad Ashley Simpson wasn't there to give him some pointers on what to do when that happens!) So Kayleigh's class decided to do lip sync performances in small groups, and they performed them today. It was so much fun! It took me back to the days of being in elementary school and how much fun we had. Kayleigh's group was at the very end, but I was so glad we got to watch all the other kids! It was so fun! Kayleigh and her friends Kate, Courtney, and Mary performed a lip sync to a song from Hairspray and they did an awesome job. I'm glad we went.

After the performance we went to lunch at a cute little shop in Kaysville. It was so good! I had sandwich on some delicous honey whole wheat bread. After lunch we went next door to a craft boutique where they had some really cute decorations for Christmas, Halloween, and Thanksgiving. I loved going through there, it made me so excited to decorate my house with holiday decor!
__________________

Tyson is coming tonight and I'm so excited!!! We get to see each other on the weekends so I've been very happy with that. We tried going a weekend without seeing each other and it just wasn't a good idea. So...we're switching off the weekends in Utah and Idaho. I'll be in Idaho the next two weekends for Halloween, family events, and wedding appointments, so that should be fun.

8 comments:

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

My mom used to teach that poem as a song to her first graders. I don't quite remember the melody, but I was almost singing while I was reading it. :)

Criscell said...

Our ward's little class for moms and kids (Music Makers) is learning that poem!

The King's said...

Sounds like a great day! And ending it with your honey coming is always the best!! I hope that everything is going well with the wedding planning.

Amber said...

Oh my gosh Al, of course I remember that poem! I love that poem so much! Yay for Halloween memories! It looks like you guys had so much fun for FHE. We need to carve pumpkins or somthing. Hope you're having fun with Tyson this weekend. Call me later...love you!!

Judy said...

Fun FHE! Love ya!

Todd & Chelsea said...

Happy late b-day!!! One year older...ugh:) I've been meaning to tell you, I love reading your blog so much these days bc it puts a smile on my face. You really do seem to be the happiest girl in the world. Keep it up. PS, I too LOVE Dirty Dancing!!!!!

Kate Call said...

so much fun! you are always up to something fun!! and i'm so glad to hear you get to see your sweet guy!!! jeremy and i were away from each other most of our engagement because he was doing summer sales in north carolina and it was THE WORST!! its so worth it to make the drive on the weekends!! being engaged is so much fun.. but being married is a million times better, i'm so excited for you!!

Kate Call said...

so much fun! you are always up to something fun!! and i'm so glad to hear you get to see your sweet guy!!! jeremy and i were away from each other most of our engagement because he was doing summer sales in north carolina and it was THE WORST!! its so worth it to make the drive on the weekends!! being engaged is so much fun.. but being married is a million times better, i'm so excited for you!!

Post a Comment