Monday, October 20, 2008

One Year Older and Wiser Too

Amber and I celebrated our 24th birthday this weekend and it was so much fun! I was completely spoiled. From the moment I entered Idaho Falls on Thursday night I was busy busy busy. But it was yet another perfect weekend, I loved it.
On Friday I was able to get a couple things done with wedding plans so that was nice. That night Tyson and I went to dinner with Amber and Che' at Carino's. I love being able to spend time with my siblings. We have a great time together. And it was a lot of fun being able to see my old work friends. And normally Kathy doesn't work Friday nights but she was there working! I was so excited to see her! After dinner we went to DQ and got cherry-dipped cones (delcious) then back to Tyson's to play games and hang out. It was fun being able to relax for a bit.
Saturday (our birthday) was a very busy but awesome day! Amber, Mom, and I headed to Pocatello on Saturday morning to meet with the decorator. I was able to pick our colors for the reception and get all the decorations planned. What a relief! I ended up picking eggplant (dark purple), black, and silver for the colors. It is going to be so pretty! And very wintery. I love it. After visiting with the decorator the three of us went to lunch. Then back to Idaho Falls for more birthday fun!
Mom and Amber dropped me off at Tyson's when we got back into town. He decided to give me my birthday presents and boy did he spoil me! He got me movies (including "Sleeping Beauty" - yes!), Sarah McLachlan's new CD, everything Love Spell you can think of...and it keeps going! What a sweety. After ward we decided to start our registry. After taking inventory at his house and figuring out what we need we headed off to Target to start the registering process. We had a lot of fun, that's for sure! We started our Kohl's registry online but we'll go in and add to that later. After going to Target we drove out to Ucon to see Tyson's parents. They had gotten me some birthday presents and I just love them! One thing they got for me that I LOVE is this super cute jacket, only mine is white. It is so cute! They also got me a couple of shirts, some jewelry, and a couple of fall decorations. So fun! I just love my future in-laws, I'm so blessed to be marrying into such an awesome family.

My O'Connor family birthday party was great. We had so much fun! I love spending time with my family. There were ten of us there, but Amber and I still wanted everybody to sit around the kitchen table together. It was nice and cozy with all ten of us at a table that fits 6-8. But it was great having everybody so close! It was fun being with everybody. We received some really fun things for our birthdays. And thanks to Amber and Britney for these pictures taken at the party! I can share my birthday with everybody so thanks a lot, sisters!!







I received so many fun things for my birthday! A couple others were "Grey's Anatomy" season 4 from Aaron, Britney, Che', and Amber, and a new manicure set from Mom and Dad. I needed one so bad!












After dinner and presents we went to a 50th birthday party where Bill Bush (a friend of our family's) and his high school band were playing. If you look closely at the picture below you can see Aaron, Britney, Che', and Amber doing the chicken dance at the party. So fun!


Tyson, Che', Amy, and Amber enjoying the party

After a couple days of partying it was time to wind down. Sunday was the perfect day to do that. I went to church with Tyson that morning at 9:00 and it was a really nice meeting. My awesome weekend ended perfectly when Tyson and I went to his sister Angie and her husband Steve's ward to watch my future nephews Easton (6) and Cooper (4) participate in their primary program. The picture above is of them a couple of years ago. I borrowed it from Tyson. (Thanks Tys!) I'm going to take a minute to brag about my future nephews! These kids are so dang cute, I just loved watching them up on the stand. Cooper is a sun beam so he stood on the front row with the other 20 sun beams. He recited one of the Articles of Faith and sang "I Am a Child of God" so well! He was so cute. Easton had a speaking part and he did such a good job. He sang a lot of songs with the rest of the kids and recited Articles of Faith that I can't even remember! I was impressed. He even sang a song and did some sign language to it. It was so neat! Just sitting there watching these two made me so excited to be their aunt. I just love these kids, they're so much fun. I feel like I've been part of this family forever and it feels so good. When Tyson and I get married I will also be gaining two neices, Kate (5 months old, Cooper and Easton's sister) and Lillie (14 months old). I love these kids so much! I can't wait to be their aunt!

When I got back to Utah on Sunday night my aunt, uncle, and their kids threw me a little birthday party. We had brownies and ice cream (mine got a candle and everything!), and they had bought me a couple of presents. So nice! I had recently been telling Penney how I was out of Love Spell so she got me some lotion and body spray. I'm all stocked up now! They also got me this really great cookbook of award-winning recipes. Awesome! She has been giving me some great tips about cooking and some easy ways to cook things, so a cookbook was a perfect gift from her. Thanks, guys!!

That concludes my birthday weekend. It was awesome, I loved it! Thanks to everyone who helped make this birthday so special! Mom and Dad, Tyson, my siblings...I couldn't have asked for a better birthday. And thanks to all of you who have sent me birthday wishes, that has been so sweet! I have the most amazing family (O'Connor's and Miller's!) and I'm so blessed to have them all in my life. I'm so glad I have had a twin to share all my birthdays with over the last 24 years. I wouldn't want it any other way.

I love you, Am!

12 comments:

Kate Call said...

i've always thought it would be to have a twin... challenging at times.. but SOO fun to always have someone there that knows you SOO well! happy birthday to the two of you!!
You look so great.. so skinny in all your pics! hot mamma.. gonna be a beautiful bride!

Judy said...

I'm glad your birthday was great. Missed you Saturday, but knew you were so busy! You look so stinkin' cute!

bb,tonya and cam... said...

Oh so fun so fun! congrats on all your fun celebrations ir was great to see you all last weekend! :) we will probably see you again this weekend for joe's homecoming! yay!

Jessica said...

Hey.. that's my ward!! Steve is our bishop. Crazy I didn't see you there. Glad you had a great birthday!!

The King's said...

I am so glad that you had such an awesome birthday. It sounds like you have awesome family that love you so much. Crazy thing is my newest son missed sharing your birthday with you by one day. He was born on Friday and your birthday was Saturday. But hey still October right!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Glad you had a good bday! You are getting older!:) HAHA! The wedding colors will be so beautiful. It is so much fun-keep posting about all the details-I just love weddings!

Unknown said...

Wow! It sounds like you had a great weekend! I still need to send you your B-day present, maybe I'll just give it to you if we see you and Tys this weekend.

christine said...

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. Isn't it so much fun finding people from your childhood? I still can't believe you are only 4 years younger than me-it's so weird seeing all the kids I used to baby-sit grow up. Sounds like you had a terrific b-day and congratulations on your engagement. Marraige is the greatest! BTW-what is Tyson's last name? He's my age and looks kind of familiar. You guys look great together!

Criscell said...

Happy (late) Birthday QT! Looks like you had a fabulous weekend! You deserve it!

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday. :) You are such an awesome girl and totally deserved it. :) We are almost ready for the holidays. Our costumes for Halloween are almost done and I hope I can get some good pictures because it's going to be awesome! I'm not quite sure what we're doing for Thanksgiving, but I'm going to have my quilts in a craft fair at Eagle Rock at the end of November to hopefully get some Christmas money. Danny's mom really wants us to go to Washington for Christmas, so I guess we'll see. :) I guess I'm not really ready. Hahaha. But I do have all of my Halloween decorations up. How about you?
Hey!!! You get to start the holidays early because of your birthday and now you will get to extend them longer because of your wedding/anniversaries. How fun.
Have an awesome day girl, I'll talk to ya later.

Chelsi said...

sounds like a party! You two are so cute!! I'm excited to see your reception sounds beautiful already:)

Neal and Angie said...

Glad you had a good birthday friend! Is seems like you're always having fun! Love the pic of you and Tyson!

Post a Comment