Monday, June 8, 2009

Must-Have #4: Microwaveable Rice Cooker for Crispy Lettuce

Here's the thing. Tyson and I have discovered something wonderful. We received this little contraption for our wedding and it has changed our lives! It is a microwaveable rice cooker. Little did the people at Nordicware know that their ingenious microwaveable rice cooker would also serve as a lettuce crisper for us. We realized it worked great when we bought a big head of romaine lettuce at the store, chopped it up, and didn't have a Tupperware bowl to put it in. So I grabbed for the only bigger and round thing that we had in the cupboard. And it was a great idea! That little guy has made our lettuce last so much longer and it stays soooo crisp. In fact, we bought the lettuce probably three to four weeks ago and we haven't had to throw it out. Now I know what you're thinking, that it seems kind of gross to keep this lettuce for so long. But we weren't able to put all the lettuce from the bag in the rice cooker, and that lettuce we had to throw out because it went bad. Seriously, this rice cooker has probably saved us money. We probably won't have to buy lettuce for a little while. I'm not sure where ours was purchased where it was a wedding present. But I know you can get them through Nordicware. I know this is kind of funny that we're so excited about this little thing, but the Nordicware microwaveable rice cooker has changed our lives! Yet we haven't used it for rice once. Funny how that works out! We love it!

image via dualelectronics.com

6 comments:

Judy said...

That is so funny because I just through out a HUGE bag of lettuce

Joanie said...

Do you know what else makes lettuce last that long? Debbie Meyer Green Bags. I have seriously had lettuce for 6 weeks or longer and it was still good. That's cool that your rice cooker works for that, too.

Oh, those green bags help with all sorts of fruits and veggies, too. I don't waste food very often anymore!

Amber said...

As Pippen would say on Lord or the Rings, "I'm getting one." ha ha I know I'm a geek

Chelsi said...

Nice work! It's always fun to discover something like that. Saving money is always a good thing ;)

Liz said...

Hi Allison, Joanie Anderson in the ward told me you have a blog so I thought I would check it out and say hi. I chuckled when I read your blog about Grey's Anatomy. I L - O - V - E that show also. My husband was bored one night about a month ago and also fell in love (though he would not admit to "loving" the show) with the episodes towards the end. I have always really enjoyed watching shows with Brandon that we both really like. We get all excited when they come on. We make sure our kids are in bed, then curl up with a bowl of popcorn and enjoy our little entertainments. Some show's we have watched together are Lost, Man Verses Wild, Everest Beyond the Limit, 24, and now Castle. I just might have to start renting the Grey's seasons and see if he will watch them. I think he just might. By the way, what are you getting your degree in?

Abby said...

What a cool little tool! I must invest in one. :)

Thanks for the tip! Hope all is well in your lovely little lives!

Abs

Post a Comment