Sunday, June 7, 2009

Little Jayden

While Tyson was playing the piano at the stake baptisms yesterday, I had the chance to go to a luncheon for my good friend Angie and her little boy Jayden. She gave birth to him a week ago at 22 weeks and he lived for almost an hour. She and her husband Neal have been so strong as they have dealt with their heart ache, and we look up to them. They are amazing examples to us. It was so good to see Angie and her family yesterday. The Bodily's are wonderful people and we just love them. It is hard to see your friends go through something like this. But Angie and Neal have been very strong and have a lot of support.

There was a table at the entry of the luncheon with multiple pictures of Neal and Angie holding little Jayden. I'm just so glad they had the opportunity to be with him, even though it was for a short time.

********

There was also a large photo of Jayden with a wonderful quote from Joseph Smith that is just amazing. It is something that every grieving parent should keep close to their hearts. It says:

"The Lord takes many away even in infancy, that they may escape the envy of man, and the sorrows and evils of this present world; they were too pure, too lovely, to live on earth; therefore, if rightly considered instead of mourning we have reason to rejoice as they are delivered from evil, and we shall soon have them again."

********

I just love that quote. And it truly is a wonderful thought knowing that Angie and Neal will see their little Jayden again, and that they will be able to raise him. He is now with a loving Heavenly Father until he is reunited with his earthly parents again.


Me, Candra, Angie & Stacy




Me, Angie & Stacy
I just love my friends!
***
Ang, you are such a strong person and I am so proud of you
for keeping such a good attitude about everything
that has happened.
You are such a great person and will be truly blessed.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I cry every time I see these pictures of Jayden. Angie and Neal are so amazing and I am so grateful that they shared this day with us.

Morrows said...

This just makes me want to cry everytime I read someone's blog about Neal, Angie and Jayden. It just breaks my heart! I am glad they have many pictures of them with him!

Post a Comment