Thursday, June 25, 2009

Devotional with President Eyring

This post is a little overdue. I had the opportunity to attend the BYU-Idaho devotional on June 9th where President Henry B. Eyring of the First Presidency was the speaker. Talk about a neat experience! One thing that is so wonderful about the presidents and elders of the church is that you know they're speaking the truth when they're talking to us. That's what makes conference so wonderful. President Eyring talked a lot about BYU-Idaho and the students here. He also talked about southeast Idaho residence and how great we all are. It all just made me feel so good! He talked about temples and the importance of attendance. I really enjoyed his talk.

Actually getting into devotional was a little bit of a chore. I first had to obtain a ticket from the ticket office (which sold out in a couple of hours) and then stand in line at the doors to the Hart Auditorium on campus. There were so many people! And as soon as they opened the doors it was utter chaos. People were running to the closest chairs to the stage. And I mean running! Did I mention I was wearing three-inch stilletos? Not a good choice for this day! But I ended up getting a really great seat on the floor, second section, first row. It was great! I would have taken pictures of President Eyring while he was speaking but no one else was.
***
This devotional was wonderful and I'm glad I had the chance to attend. I can't believe the amazing feeling I got just by being in the same room as him! His talk was really good, and it really made my day to go.

Image of President Eyring via byu.edu

2 comments:

Kate Call said...

L*O*V*E* Eyring! i'm sure it was amazing.. fun that you got such close seats!

Joanie said...

How neat! I had a friend in highschool that was related to L. Tom Perry so he spoke at my friend's missionary farewell and homecoming. We got to go shake his hand afterwards and what not. You're seriously overwhelmed with the spirit they bring. Love it!

Post a Comment