Wednesday, June 10, 2009

One Year Ago

Tyson and I are celebrating two anniver- saries today. Not only have we been married for five months, but this is the one year mark of when we first met. And this is a picture from one of our dates. It's weird to think that it's been a year since we were set up!

This is our story of how it all happened:

In September of 2007 my twin sister was getting married. The lady who was doing her flowers is Tyson's aunt (Vickie). During one of the flower meetings with Mom, Amber and Vickie, they had gotten to talking and came to find out that my mom had a single daughter (me) and Vickie had a single nephew (Tyson). Her nephew turned out to be the oldest brother of a good friend of mine and Amber's from high school. So my mom mentioned to me later that the subject came up during their visit with Vickie, but I didn't think much of it. By the time it came up again with my mom and Vickie (and somehow my aunt Karin got involved too ha ha) Tyson and I were both in relationships. And both of those relationships ended a few months later.

In the Spring of 2008 my brother got engaged and was planning a wedding in June. Vickie was once again chosen to do the flowers, and my mom met up with her again to make plans. They eventually discovered in their discussion that Tyson and I were both single again. So my mom gave Vickie my cell phone number and she posted it on the Miller family website, telling Tyson he should call me and ask me out. And on June 10, 2008, we went on a blind date that would change our lives forever!
***
And today, a year later, I can confidently say that this last year has been the best year ever. When Tyson came into my life he was like breath of fresh air. After everything that was going on the couple of months before I needed someone to turn that all around. And Tyson did that for me. I'm so glad that the last year of my life was spent with him. And the last five months of marriage have been wonderful! I couldn't ask for a better husband. I've already got the best one.

9 comments:

Steph said...

I love Vickie! She did my flowers, too and they were AMAZING!!! Fun to hear your story.

Morrows said...

Vickie is awesome. She did my flowers and she is in Taylor's grandma's ward. She is a talented woman. I am so glad you and Tyson found each other. You seem so happy!

VicandNanc said...

...such a cute story! Thank goodness for amazing Aunt Vickie's! She's always trying to play match maker for everyone, I bet she is so proud to have made such a lasting match!

Chelsi said...

I can't believe it's already been a year. I really can't picture you with anyone else! I remember when I saw you together at Olive Garden in IF. I knew him because I went to elementary with Clark. You two are so great and perfect together ;)

Unknown said...

cute, cute, cute. You've been married 5 months? Gee wiz it goes by fast! You guys are so cute and I'm glad Tyson ended up calling you even after Vickie set him up and a few bad dates... you're perfect for eachother!

Whittney and Ryan said...

how cute, i love it! I have never heard the story of how you two meet! happy 5 months and one year!

Judy said...

Oh my gosh this year has gone by so fast congrts!

HBC said...

Congrats! You two seem like such a fun couple!

Amber said...

Happy 5 months!!! I'm so happy that you guys got married. I just love ya both. Hope you guys have a good anni. Love you!

Post a Comment