Monday, March 1, 2010

March Came In Like a Lion and a Lamb

And I'm not talking about the weather this time. (Ever heard that phrase, "March came in like a lion and out like a lamb"?) Anyway, it was quite a day for us on this first day of March. We had a couple of different lion and lamb experiences today:

The lion of it all was that Tyson and I decided it is time for me to stop working. I went to work today and felt pretty crappy. I took two tables and was grateful I didn't have more. The dizziness and lightheaded feelings kept happening and I just couldn't get food and water in me fast enough. I felt frustrated. I did, however, teach a server training class and it felt really good to sit down. I get paid to teach classes so that felt like an accomplishment (and one of the lambs for the day). That is one thing I will still be able to do before the baby comes. It doesn't involved running around. I came home discouraged. When Tyson came home we had a talk. And we both knew the right thing was for me to stop working. I'm almost 31 weeks pregnant, so it seems about that time anyway to take it easy.

Another lamb was knowing that we are making the right decision. I've always prayed for the ability to listen to my body and know when I need to pull back. And I think today was one of the many times where that prayer was answered. I could just tell when I was at work that I shouldn't be there. I'm grateful to know and recognize those feelings.

We were also blessed with another little lamb in the form of our car insurance. Our car insurance went down - woo hoo! That is a huge blessing and a few dollars we can save every month. I love the lamb moments in my life. They make it easier to deal with the lion moments.

I've really appreciated having the job I've had for this long. And even though I'm pretty bummed that I can't do it anymore as long as I'm pregnant, I know I have a place to return whenever I feel ready. What a blessing!

image via intercontinentalcry.org

5 comments:

Charles Family said...

Just noticed on our little baby tickers that we are now 10 weeks apart exactly thanks to the moving up of my due date. Yay!

Todd & Chelsea said...

Alli! you have had a crazy few weeks. I'm glad you're doing better now. I know you won't regret taking time to rest and be healthy. My biggest regret was going too hard til the very end when we all should just prep for the hard work to come! Saw this on etsy and thought of your little man...it's so cute

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=mt&listing_id=41826661

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

I was working part time (as a secretary) when I was pregnant with Preston & that was almost too much, so I can't even imagine what serving would be like! Now you have 9.5 weeks of taking naps & having free time to hang out with mmmmeeeee! Love ya!

Joanie said...

I have to tell you that I'm happy about this decision. I wasn't going to say anything but I really thought that serving is not the best thing for you right now. It's just impossible to take care of yourself.

Britney O'Connor said...

I'm proud of you! Working on your feet is definitely a hard thing when pregnant...and you did it for a long time, so you deserve to take a break! These last few weeks/months are crucial for baby Miller (and you) so enjoy them! :)

Post a Comment