Wednesday, March 10, 2010

31 1/2 Weeks

I went do the doctor this morning for another check-up. It was another appointment full of good results. I was pretty happy when I left! My iron is already looking better since I started the supplement two weeks ago. And I haven't had the constant dizziness and lightheaded feeling since I left work. I still get lightheaded every now and then, but the doctor says that is normal. Not only for pregnant ladies in the third trimester, but also for an anemic pregnant lady like me.

After we talked and I had some of my questions answered, we went ahead and measured my stomach and listened to the baby's heart. Our little guy still sounds great in there! Just squirming around like crazy {as much as there's room for it, that is.} Then he measured my stomach and asked me about how I've been measuring bigger. I reminded him that last appointment we had discovered I was measuring ahead. He says I'm measuring at 33 weeks and not 31 1/2 weeks. I have another appointment in two weeks where we'll decide if we need to change my due date to the last week of April instead of May 8. He also told me to be watching out for contractions just in case. Say what?! Not going to lie, it was a little weird to hear the "C" word this early. But the "just in case" part made me feel a little better, since they will be very unlikely. So either I'm carrying the baby really high or he's going to be a bigger baby. But if we know to change the due date he won't stay in there cooking till he's 12 pounds or something horrifying like that. There's a scary thought!

Good appointment! Always a relief. On another note, I woke up at about 7:15 this morning to the baby's movement. Except that it felt different this time. When I realized the taps that were one after the other and in a rhythmic motion I realized that he had the hiccups! This was the first time I had felt him with the hiccups. And all of you were right, you can definitely tell when the baby has the hiccups! Too fun.

image via clker.com

7 comments:

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

Yay, I'm glad to hear everything is going good for you and baby! I love going to the doctor, it's always so comforting! I'm measuring a little big too, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see when these babies decide to make their appearances!

Judy said...

glad things are going good. I loved the hiccups!!!! Took me forever to figure out what they were. :}

Britney O'Connor said...

I am praying for him to come the last week of April! I need my little nephew here already!!! :)

Joanie said...

Sounds like I better get on the ball on planning your shower or else it'll be too late! How does Apr. 17th sound? If you can't do it on a Saturday morning, we'll try a Thursday night or something.

Scott and Lindsey said...

The countdown is on! Not much longer and that little guy will be here ...So exciting!!

Anonymous said...

Hiccups are fun! I'm so excited for you!

Russ and Kristen said...

Yay! I'm glad things are going well!! Hooray! End of April?! Could that be more exciting to have him here sooner?! I'm jealous! :) And hooray for hiccups!!! Aren't they so fun!?

Post a Comment