Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Latest & Angie's Birthday

Update:
I'm doing much better! In fact, we didn't even go to the hospital yesterday ha ha. We were pretty excited about that last night as the day came to an end and we hadn't stepped foot into EIRMC's labor and delivery. And I have to say, I'm embarassed at the pictures on the last post ha ha. What was I thinking!
..
Sunday night I slept for 4 1/2 hours straight. It was wonderful! Afterward I started having a contraction an hour {that I could feel} from then on. I think I was just exhausted from being up all night both Friday and Saturday night. I started taking the medication Terbutaline when we were at the hospital. It helps with relaxing the muscles that hurt so much during contractions. I am still having contractions but they aren't as painful, thanks to this med of mine. I also started a new antibiotic for the UTI that has seemed to really help. The contractions aren't as painful and they're not regular, most of the time. My mom's side of the family had a family fast for us. It was the coolest thing! We could definitely feel the blessings of that fast. It was great.
..
We ended up going back to the hospital on Monday morning. I had a scare soon after I got up that sent us frantically packing a bag in case the baby came. When we got there the nurses checked me and found that I hadn't progressed anymore. They were, however, glad I came in. I've had such a crazy last few days that I'm pretty much at risk for anything at this point. Monday I spent at home all day in my pajamas. Mom came over and helped me wash and put away all the baby's clothes. It was so helpful! I couldn't believe how much work that was. She stayed over for a while and helped me clean the fridge and do other things around the house. Amber came over to visit as well. My aunt Lee and her kids Coya and Jason also came over. They brought me some chocolate - so nice! Tyson's mom came over later and brought us Wendy's for dinner. It was so nice of her to do that! We just love our families.
..
After a good night Sunday I had a long night on Monday. I was getting up constantly from the pain of contractions. I was advised not to take the Trebutaline unless the contractions were 10 minutes apart or less, or if they were as painful as the ones on Saturday night. I'm trying to be careful not to take too many.
..
Tuesday I spent most of the day lying down reading books, writing in my journal, watching TV, and napping. It was hard not to get other things done! I did fold laundry a little later thought. But I knew the importance of not being too active after going into preterm labor. We don't want this baby coming sooner than he needs to!
..
I slept great last night. I woke up at at 1:45 and was surprised that I didn't wake up again till the usual time of 7:30. I even checked the bed to make sure I didn't wet it ha ha. I only woke up once to go! Not normal for me at all. It's normally three times a night that I have to get up. But I felt good and didn't feel many contractions at all. I was told at the hospital that a full bladder will also cause contractions when a UTI is present. So I've been very careful about that. I went with Mom to Abbott's in Rigby today. It felt great to get into some regular clothes and leave the house! The fresh air felt great. Afterward we came back to my house and watched "The Time Traveler's Wife."
..
Since then I've been taking it easy and trying to lay low. The contractions have been around today as well, but completely manageable compared to the ones on Saturday during the day and night. Apparently I get to deal with contractions and other fun things for the rest of this pregnancy. But now that I know how to handle them and what the real and big ones feel like I can rest at ease a little!
..
I talked to a couple of members of the primary presidency on Sunday. We've decided that I should be done teaching Sunbeams at least until the baby comes. I know it will be the best thing for me, but I'm totally sad about it. I love our calling! I just need to take it easy for a while though.
..
I'm officially in the first phase of labor. At the hospital they assured us that now I have gone through what I have, delivering the baby shouldn't be long at all. My body has gotten prepared earlier than normal. I can't say I would want this to ever happen this way again, but I am grateful that I'm already getting prepared. Thanks again for all your super sweet comments and phone calls! I just love you all!
***
Angie's 31st Birthday
Tyson's sister Angie turned 31 on March 23. We had a birthday party for her on Friday night. I love getting together with family!
{I was horrible at taking pictures! The contractions had started Friday and I didn't feel that great. I wasn't on my game at all!}

Cooper, Julie & Easton putting candles on the cake.

Erika made a super cute cake in the shape of a purse. She's so talented!

Lighting the candles
Can you see all the snow outside? I couldn't believe the weather we had!


Angie and her kids blowing out the candles


The ice cream man!
Tyson's dad getting all the ice cream out - yum! We always have so many options of ice cream at Miller parties. I love it!

9 comments:

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

So glad things are somewhat under control for you. Can't wait to meet the little man.

Kasey said...

So glad things are better! I wish you the best for the rest of this..however long that may be! I can't believe how close we both are either! It's crazy!! Our kids will have to be friends..since this one won't be a twin in our house he or she will need a good friend!! Haha! Keep me posted though! I told Cory that I think you are going to have your baby before me even though I am due a little earlier than you..and am SO READY! Haha! I can't wait to meet him!! And I love that you called Tyson's dad the ice cream man..it made my mouth water for his homemade root beer!! YUM!!!!!! Oh..and I LAUGHED SO OUT LOUD about checking to make sure you didn't wet the bed! Haha!! When I don't get up my usual 3 or 4 times a night I actually start thinking something's wrong! Haha!! Miss you and love you! Have a happy day! Lataz~Love always, Kasey

Anonymous said...

I am glad things seem to be "improving?" Yeah, don't know if that's the right word, but it's all I can come up with! And I don't think you should be embarrassed about the pictures. I was really impressed that despite all your trouble, you were still trying to smile through it! You have the best attitude I have ever seen, and you are a great example to me! You are going to be such a fantastic mother! I'm so excited for you. Hang in there!

Judy said...

You are in my prayers. I didn't have the internet in DC so I went down to the lobby and got on theirs to "check on you" Love ya

Unknown said...

Oh Alli. Everyday I wait patiently to hear about what adventure was handed to you that particular day. Just take it easy! Have Tyson do the laundry (but don't have him stuff it full this time... haha) and just lay down and watch ER and Friends and Gray's. It's hard before you have a baby... but it's even more exhausting after! You'll still be waking up every 2 to 3 hours at night after he comes! So take it easy atleast while you can.
ANd seriously, let me know what I can do. I'll clean, make you food, whatever. Just let me know.

Ashley said...

I'm glad things are under control. I can't wait till he does come, but not till the right time!

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

I've been thinking about you a lot the past few days & so I'm glad you did this post to let everyone know you're doing better! Keep taking it easy & remember to call if I can help with ANYTHING!

The Woods said...

I've taken Trebutaline with all three of my pregnancies. Are you experiencing the nasty side effects? Shakiness, anxiety, and exhaustion at the same time. I'm glad to hear that you're doing better!!

Kristi said...

I'm impressed at how much you can handle! Just take it easy. Enjoy all the free time. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Post a Comment