Sunday, March 28, 2010

The One Where I Went into Labor

Seriously, I don't know what's been going on with me and this pregnancy! What a rollercoaster. After getting home from the hospital Thursday night I didn't sleep at all. Maybe an hour. I was having pains every 10 minutes max and was completely miserable. I had been told that the UTI could cause contractions, and they also seemed to feel like gas pains. It was frustrating.
.
I had a baby shower with my side of the family and some close friends yesterday
{pictures to come later}
and I was having contractions the entire time. Dang UTI! It was so frustrating. I had a hard time enjoying it because I was in so much pain. It was still a lot of fun though and I appreciated everyone coming.
After the shower I came home and Tyson brought all the super cute gifts inside. I decided to try and take a nap or I was going to lose it. For the hour nap that I had, I woke up five times in pain. It was frustrating. But I did get some sleep, thankfully.
.
At 7:30 we went to Aaron and Britney's to watch 2012 with them and Mom and Dad. I was having regular contractions while there as well. Except they were a lot more painful than what I'd felt during the day. Everyone was expressing their concern and how I should call the doctor. So on the way home from their house Tyson called Scott. He told Scott my symptoms and Scott recommened a Gas-X and sent in a prescription for pain reliever. He said if I didn't feel better by the morning I needed to go back into the hospital. Great.
.
So we picked up the prescription and I took one pill. I also took a Gas-X. And the pain just didn't go away. I was having them 3 1/2 minutes apart until about 1:45 am when Tyson made me go to the hospital.
When we go there we saw the nurse that helped me the night before. This time I was in a lot more frequent pain. I got changed into the gown and the new nurse asked me questions. This whole time I was in a lot of pain and in my mind begging for some relief. It was awful.
.
When she got around to checking me we discovered that I was 2 cm dialated. Say what?! At this point I'm freaking out and start to cry. Not only was I in pain from her checking me {a contraction started at the same time, it was awful}, but I had all these thoughts running through my head about how we're not ready. I didn't have the carrier, his room isn't finished...There are just too many things left to do!
.
I ended up getting a couple of shots to relax everything, then throughout the course of our visit I was able to take some medication to ease the contractions. It worked, but I still had a contraction every half hour or so. Neither of us slept much at all last night. We've been pretty exhausted today. Mom and Amber came to visit. It was nice to have visitors! We sure do love them!
.
I was checked one more time before we left the hospital. I am now 2-3 cm and 75% effaced. Talk about being freaked out. I need him to stay in longer! But I know that whenever he decides to come is when he's supposed to. We're waiting with welcome arms!
.
By 3:15 this afternoon we were able to head home. We stopped at Walgreens to pick up a new prescription for the UTI {this one is better than the one I had, apparently} and also for the medication that was helping the contractions. We were exhausted when we got home.
.
Mom brought dinner over tonight. It was delicious. She is also coming over tomorrow to help me wash the baby clothes and bedding so I can at least get that out of the way. Tyson said the bishop and his kids stopped by tonight. That was so nice of them! We've also had a lot of other phone calls from many family and friends. We really appreciate all your love and support during this crazy time!
.
Since arriving home at 4:00 I have had five contractions ranging from 9-30 minutes apart. Hopefully we can keep them under control! We'll keep you posted!
PS I refuse to go back to the hospital tonight!


Me having lunch at the hospital today

Tyson & I
He has been so supportive and wonderful!


Mom & Amber came to visit

We were all sad for my contractions!

17 comments:

Britney O'Connor said...

Brycen just really wants to come hang out with all of us! Very impatient. Haha. :)

We're all praying that he stays in there a bit longer- and that you get some relief!

Steph said...

Good heavens! You have definitely been on a roller coaster! Crazy! Good luck with the future. I hope you can get some sleep tonight.

the Olsens said...

not fun! I hope your contractions stop so you can get some good rest before your little man arrives. Good luck getting everything ready!

Morrows said...

I am sorry Alli! This is horrible! You have had a rough pregnancy! I hope he stays in there a little longer! Good luck!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Shoot! Have they put you on bed rest for anything? I hope he stays in just a little longer.

Chelsi said...

I've been horrible about blogging and checking other people's blogs... Sounds like some craziness lately. I hope you can find some relief and you get some rest. I love how positive you are!! Thinkin about ya...

beckywestergard said...

Wow, good to hear that you and baby are doing well. Hopefully all of those contractions will go away when that uti is gone.

Amber said...

I hope he can stay in there a little longer! If he comes during Girls Camp I might freak out! Let me know if you need anything! lOVE YOU

The King's said...

I hope that your little guy can hang in there a little longer. Sounds like he is anxious to get out here and play!!! Hang in there and keep us posted!

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

Did you listen to anything I said Saturday? Geeze! I just hope the contractions will stop & you can get some relief soon & by contractions stopping, I don't mean to go have him yet. If you do, everything will be fine, but I hope you can keep him in there a little longer. Oh, and don't stress too much about not having his room done. Tayci's room wasn't finished for probably about 2-3 weeks after she came...I hated it the entire time, but we survived. Go lay down & call me if I can do anything for you guys!

The Woods said...

I had preterm labor with all three of mine. It's not fun. Take it easy. Eveything will be fine!

bb,tonya and cam... said...

:) rollercoaster yes...but so exciting! i bet you just want it to either happen or go away...especially with labor pains for sure no fun! no worries though when the real thing comes that epidural works wonders...and ask for it right away...:)

Baileys said...

oh Al!!! I am so sorry!! Hang in there! Sorry about the pain grrr... when my epideral ran out right before i had kyler i felt contractions like a mother!!! i feel for ya honey, so so so sorry!

Baileys said...

p.s. you having children in your chair??? LOL

Rach said...

I'm so sorry that you have to experience this! I somewhat know what you are going through. I ended up in the hospital at 33.5 weeks the first time with contractions & went back in 2 other times before finally having Caitlyn at 38 weeks. Contractions are no fun, and super scary! Keep a postive attitude! So glad you have family around to help!

the Petterson Family said...

agh! you freaked me out with the title of your post! Wow what a ride you have been having! I hope things start going better and she stays in there longer!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment