Saturday, March 6, 2010

Spicy Shrimp & Chicken


This is our favorite dish at Carino's! And we found a recipe for it on recipezaar.com (love that website). We gave it a shot last week and had to share the recipe. Enjoy!
PS You'll notice as you read the ingredients that some of them aren't featured in the photo of what we made. And this is because I forgot some of them at the store and didn't want to go back!
***
Spicy Shrimp & Chicken
Servings: 6-8
Prep Time: 15 minutes
(FYI, this dish is the same as the Spicy Romano Chicken as far as the sauce goes. Just a couple of the other ingredients are different.)
***
Ingredients:
  • 2 (8 oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts, prepared how you like but grilled is really tasty
  • 3 Tbsp butter
  • 20 medium raw shrimp - peeled, tail removed, and cleaned
  • 1 c. fresh button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
  • 1/2 c. green onion (maybe less, up to you), chopped
  • 1 c. sundried tomatoes (If you buy them in a jar you will want to make sure you strain them really well and pat them dry if they're in a juice. Maybe even let them sit out to dry for a bit. We had a lot of juice left in our dish and it took away from the flavor a little bit.)
  • 3 c. heavy cream
  • 1/2 c. romano cheese, grated (We couldn't find any romano at the store so we bought a blend of romano, asiago, and parmesan in a container. It worked great!)
  • 16 oz. penne pasta
  • 1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions:
  1. Cook chicken as desired. (I just did mine in a saute' pan.) Cool and slice into bite-sized pieces.
  2. Add butter to a large saute' pan on medium heat.
  3. Once the butter is melted add shrimp, sliced chicken, mushrooms, onions, sundried tomatoes, salt and pepper.
  4. Saute this mixture together until shrimp and mushrooms are cooked.
  5. Add the cream, romano cheese, and cayenne pepper. Let the cream reduce by half while stirring frequently.
  6. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions. Drain excess water.
  7. Toss cooked pasta with contents of saute' pan. (I recommend putting everything in the pot you did the pasta in. This makes a lot!) Serve and enjoy!

7 comments:

Judy said...

Yum! I hope you are doing better

Britney O'Connor said...

Well, I know what I'm making for dinner the first night at our new place! :)

YUM!

Joanie said...

This is my favorite dish at Carino's! I'm excited to try it. Thanks!

Party of Five said...

You have just made Mike a very happy man. Well, I guess technically I'm the one who's making it for him and making him happy :) but I couldn't have done it without you.
I'm not a shrimp girl, but my hubbs LOVES the "spicy" or is it the "shrimp chx"? It's been so long since the carino's days! good times, good times.

Amber said...

We'll have to try that! It looks so good!

Ashley said...

OHHH! I love that dish too. I can't wait to try it. I have loved all of your recipes so far. Keep them coming. The chili was great, and so was the bowtie festival. I have made them both a few times!

Michelle Joy said...

This looks sooo YUMMY! It was soo fun to run into you... you are an adorable little pregnant lady!

Post a Comment