Friday, February 26, 2010

A New Outlook

This week has been a struggle. Not only did having a seizure take a lot out of me physically, I'm also mentally and emotionally drained. I've had to make a lot of changes in my daily habits that have been a challenge. And I still don't feel like myself. The way I feel phsyically has been affecting my ability to work, which weighs heavy on my mind.

I had to give my shift up for today because of how dizzy and lightheaded I've felt since yesterday morning. It's especially frustrating because I don't know what to do about it or how to fix it. After Tyson left for work this morning I decided to watch one of my many recorded re-runs of Oprah. This one in particular was the episode with Celine Dion and the Canadian Tenors. Every time I watch their performance on this episode I just cry! It is so touching. On this particular occasion I realized how happy it was making me feel to hear them sing. I started thinking about all the wonderful things in my life and the many more to come. I couldn't help but get emotional.

And from this I've decided to change my attitude. This week has been so rough and frustrating. But I know that everything is going to be ok and work out the way it's supposed to work out. When we ask for the answers we don't ever seem to get them when and how we want. But I know that someday I will realize the blessings that will eventually come out of all that has been happening. I know that we're never alone. That thought is extremely comforting. I'm just so happy for this little baby who will be joining us in just a couple of months. He has already brought joy into so many lives. I know things will get better for Tyson and I. If I think about all the good things, they somehow weigh out the bad. I feel lucky to be living the life I live. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

7 comments:

Britney O'Connor said...

Don't worry- once the baby is here, you'll forget all about the hard parts of pregnancy...and within a few years, you'll want to do it all over again! :)

You're gorgeous, sweet and wonderful- and you guys are gonna be the best parents ever! I can't wait to meet baby Miller. Everything will be just fine- if you need ANYTHING please let me know!!!

Unknown said...

I'm still so excited for this little baby to come. He's gonna be loved!
Maybe it's getting close to the time when you need to stop working? I don't know how you do it. My last trimesters have always been so draining, I couldn't imagine being that pregnant AND being a server. Good luck, lady!

And trials come in waves. Plus, there's always going to be something. Whether it's medical, financial, or lack of employment... there's always something. You seem to have the right attitude about it though.

Judy said...

Sometimes it is easier to scream, but a positive attitude is probably the best! Hang in there!

Camille said...

You have a beautiful attitude about your trials. Keep that up!

Wow! I now have four new crushes! Thanks for posting that video. I had never seen those guys before. And boy, can they sing! I had goosebumps up and down my whole body! Music is so powerful!

Alli said...

Wow, I just found out what happened. I hope all is well. What a frightening thing. Thank goodness you and the baby are all right. If I was closer I would bring you dinner!

Kasey said...

Okay..so I just read everything!! Alli I am SO glad you and the baby are doing better. I cannot imagine!! I have been iron deficient with all my pregnancies but but it never effected me that way! I hope that it never happens to you again!! Love you and let me know if you need anything..even though we are in Utah now I am still here for you!! Have a happy day! Lataz~Love always, Kasey

karrie jo Winder said...

I am so glad you're okay. I had no idea what had happened. We were out of town last week and hadn't heard anything! I was freaking out the whole time I was reading about the seizer. If you need anything, I am a couple doors down. Once your little gets here we'll have to have play dates with our boys!

Post a Comment