Saturday, February 20, 2010

"It Could Have Been Worse"

It's hard to believe that almost sixteen months ago my dad's cabinet shop caught on fire. That day will go down as one of the crappiest days in O'Connor family history. It was also the day that "could have been worse," according to Dad. He's always been able to see the positive side of things. At the time it was hard to see anything positive in the situation, but he was very reassuring and comforting during such a terrible situation.
On that morning I didn't think to grab a camera at all, but I did have my phone. And just recently I was able to get the pictures off the phone and onto my computer. I wanted to document the pictures and include them in my blog book. The following are the pictures I took from that cold, rainy, dreary Sunday morning in November that none of us will soon forget.


All the cabinets inside were completely damaged.





I hated seeing a beautiful mantle sitting out in the rain after being pulled out of the rubble.



Dad talking to the firemen






We had a lot of support from friends and family. It was very comforting.

3 comments:

Amber said...

That was such a bad day. For me it wasn't the fire that was the worst thing, it was watching Dad's reaction. It was really nice that we all went to sacrament meeting together right after it happened. we have such supportive family and friends. A hard trial, but our awesome family got through it!

Ashley said...

I remember that day because my good friend, and one of my clients is Dwight Walker who also owns a cabinet shop. He explained to me how such a thing could happen, and I think your Dad is amazing too. Way to be a positive uplifting roll model in a desperate, tragic time.

Ashley said...

I remember that day because my good friend, and one of my clients is Dwight Walker who also owns a cabinet shop. He explained to me how such a thing could happen, and I think your Dad is amazing too. Way to be a positive uplifting roll model in a desperate, tragic time.

Post a Comment