Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Never a Dull Moment at Walmart

Every now and then I witness something really random and/or rediculous at Walmart. First I went to lunch with Amber and Mom at Carino's. I had to order something meaty to help with my iron issue. So chicken scaloppini it was. It was fun to go out with Mom and Amber.

Mom and I went to Walmart right after lunch. When we walked in I decided I needed to use the restroom. Mom went to the vegetables and I told her I would just find her. So I went into the restroom and got in line behind a woman with a cane, who was behind a mom and her 7-year-oldish daughter and 3-year-oldish son. The mom went in one stall and the kids went in another {which I thought was kind of odd, honestly.} Then someone else came out of another stall. But the woman with the cane was waiting for the large stall. So she told me I could go ahead of her as she went to stand in front of the large stall. Pretty soon I hear a woman come out of the large stall. As she did so the woman with the cane began reprimanding her. It went something like this:

Cane Woman: You shouldn't be using this stall. This stall is only for people who have a hard time getting around...
Other Woman: My apologies, ma'am.

{My thoughts at this point were, "Are you kidding me? Don't you apologize to her! What were you supposed to do, hold it till someone else came out of another stall? Good grief."}

Cane Woman: I've been standing out here waiting on you, and you shouldn't be in there...
Other Woman: My apologies, ma'am.

I was rolling my eyes like crazy and saying things like, "Give me a break," and "Good grief," under my breath. Then in the stall to my left I could hear the two kids. Their mom had just asked them if they were ready yet. This is how that situation went down:

Girl: Almost done, Mom. Wait, Billy don't do that. Billy, don't. Billy...{getting louder}...Billy...Billy!!

Then ~splash~ water everywhere, even under my stall. I had to lift my feet up. This girl hadn't flushed the toilet yet.

Girl: Mom, Billy fell in the toilet.

I couldn't help but laugh. I was so grossed out but at the same time, it was hilarious. Pretty soon I hear the kids come out of the stall and the mom sounding a little angry:

Mom: Are you kidding me?! What were you doing, look at your shirt! We're going to have to buy you a new shirt. Go wash your hands. Better yet, let's find a shower somewhere. What were you thinking?!

Talk about drama. Then I went out to wash my hands, and as I was doing so the woman with the cane came out of the large stall. And out the door she went, not even glancing at the sink that she probably should have washed her hands at. I was grossed out, but couldn't help but laugh. It was all so rediculous! As soon as I found Mom I told her what she had missed. I think she was pretty bummed she missed out on all the excitement ha ha.


Thank you, Walmart, for making life so much more entertaining!

6 comments:

Camille said...

Hilarious! And GROSS! I hate to think of how many people don't wash their hands...

Judy said...

Ok.....I've always wondered about the handicapped stall.....do you use it if it's empty? Cause I do. Sure don't wanna get my butt chewed!!!! :}

mb said...

Oh my. that is gross! Poor kid....and Mom...

Kristi said...

Walmart. What would we do without it? Those people seem like some real winners.

Kristie said...

This story is killing me. SO FUNNY!!!. I read it to Jake and he thought it was pretty funny too. You have to love Walmart. We had a friend show us a website I think it was called people of walmart. So funny to look at. Great story!!

Ashley said...

Oh my heck, yes....thank you Walmart!

Post a Comment