Monday, February 22, 2010

Update

I have to say, the last 24 or so hours have been nothing but up and down. I had a lot of visitors throughout the afternoon and evening {thanks again to all and for all the yummy food!} and I was feeling pretty good. I drank a lot of water and munched the whole time. But it didn't hit me till about 11 pm that I had seizure. And when it did hit me the water works came. And came. And came. I had a hard time sleeping, in fear that I'd have another one and not wake up from it.

I woke up this morning feeling very achy and sore. I've always heard from people who have had seizures that your muscles get super sore from how tense they get during the seizures. I was feeling pretty good and even wrote about it on Facebook. I also decided to call my doctor's office and see if they could get me in today to check on the baby. Just for my own peace of mind. I was put on the schedule for 3:45. At about 10:30 I started going downhill again and felt very dizzy and tired. I couldn't believe the fatigue. It was almost overwhelming. I called Tyson {who had been checking up on me throughout the morning} and he made the plan to come home after visiting one more patient. All day today I have been drinking plenty of water and juice and munching on different foods. It made me feel better, but I still was feeling yucky. Naturally I was getting worried and anxious to get to the doctor's.

The time finally arrived and I went to the doctor's with Tyson. I ran into my friend Ashley {who is 39 weeks and being induced Thursday - so fun!}. I was doing great with my emotions till I talked to her. Of course I started crying and struggled to get it under control. Finally my name was called. I saw Scott today and he asked me how I was doing. Through the tears I explained my frustrations of what has been going on and all my fears...I'm sure I was quite the sight. But he measured my stomach and listened to the baby's heart rate before we got into the seizure and everything was great. He was even laughing because the baby was kicking so hard. Such a great feeling! Then he asked us to tell him about the seizure incident to make sure he knew everything. He was happy to know that I was able to stay in my chair while it was happening. Then he asked me about my glucose test and how my numbers were. I let him know about my iron being low, but everything else was fine. It was then that he decided that the lack of iron has also played a role in this mess of mine. My crazy work hours have kept me from eating as often as I should and getting enough fluids. And the fact that I don't drink enough on my own didn't help things either.

So the deal has been sealed: I'm iron deficient. I'll be starting an iron supplement and need to get as many fluids as I can. I also need to eat more during work. And all you servers out there know how hard that is! So it's going to be interesting. I'm just glad we know what to do about all this and that the baby is still doing ok. Not exactly how I wanted to learn, but I guess the hard way is better than no way at all!

And thanks for all your comments and all the concern! I have such awesome friends and family who care about me. You're the best!

10 comments:

Trisha said...

Man what a scary experience. I'm glad to hear all three of you are doing better. I will keep you guys in my prayers. Its amazing what the gospel can do for you at times like these.

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

Oh Alli, I love you & hope this all goes away. Preston is iron deficient & they told me to have him take a multi-vitamin & drink no more than 2 glasses of milk a day & that has helped him tons! You take care of yourself & let me know what I can do to help. Even if it is just sitting on the couch watching friends with you! (It would be a HUGE burden for me to do that, but I would do it for you.) :)

Camille said...

I was always low on iron, too, but never had that happen to me. How scary! I'm glad you have a better idea of what's going on now so that you can keep it from happening again. Good luck! I'm glad your baby is still ok!

Camille said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abe n Linz said...

That's crazy scary! I am glad everything is okay now.
Before I walk out the door anywhere I always drink one or two glasses of water. I always take a string cheese and baby orange to church. I used to feel self conscience about it, but who cares, I'm taking care of my baby! I hope that you get all of your strenght back and start feeling normal again. I think you should be allowed a snack break, just like others are allowed a smoke break at work :)

Judy said...

Just praying 4 ya!

beckywestergard said...

How scary!! I'm glad to hear you guys are ok and the baby is doing well. I hope that doesn't happen again.

Amber said...

What a relief! I'm so glad that you got to go to the doctor and that everything is ok with Baby Miller. I love that he was kicking like crazy ha ha. I'm glad you at least found out now. I think it's a learning experience for everyone! So glad you're doing ok...love you sis

Rachel said...

Girl...I am sorry to hear about your ordeal. I hope you are doing better. I am glad the baby is ok. You tell those managers of yours that you come first before your tables...trust me when I worked while pregnant I ate almost every hour at work. I went through a lot of salad and bread!

Kristi said...

Its crazy what stuff you have to change once you're pregnant. I'm glad to hear that things are easy to fix. Feel better!

Post a Comment