Monday, August 18, 2008

Olympic Humor

To no surprise to anyone, I watched the Olympics tonight until they ended for the evening. Of course, after I helped my mom and grandma pick beans. I was able to catch the gymnastics steel rings and uneven bars (which was incredibly frustrating to watch as Nastia Liukin should have won the gold - lame). After the games as they were closing things up, Bob Costas brought up a point about how many Americans have been complaining about the late hours they've had to stay up watching the Olympics and the lack of sleep. (Seriously, why are they complaining?) Dr. Nancy Sneider happened to agree with me and came up with the following ways to feel rejuvenated and refreshed after long nights of watching the Olympics. Enjoy!


1. Stay hydrated.
2. Your body only needs four hours of sleep, really.
3. Wear sunglasses to work to hide the red eyes.
4. Turn on your iPod and blast whatever Michael Phelps listens to on his iPod.
5. Just skip work. (It's the Olympics! And they've been awesome - better than we've seen in a while, why are you even complaining!)

_______________________

I couldn't have said it better myself! I hope you guys have all enjoyed the Olympics, no matter how late you've had to stay up!

Isn't it so worth it? I think so!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH i agree! It is soooo worth it! haha.. i LOVE the Olympics.. prolly my favorite thing ever!

Holly said...

I agree too! lol. I've been LOVING the Olympics!

Baileys said...

Thats so funny! I have been complaining about the late nights too! Lame I know, but I have an excuse!! Last night Kayson said "Mom put me to bed!" I was to caught up in what was going on, whoops sorry Kayson.

Criscell said...

I watched them all last night too and it's totally worth it! And poor Nastia! That judging system is so messed up!! She should have won! I was so mad!

Kasey said...

Cute post Ali! I LOVE the Olympics. I've dreamed of being in them since I was a WAY young! I must admit it though..I don't stay up late and watch every night. Only if something I am really interested in is on..like last night! But those lil tips were cute! I was mad about the uneven bars..but I must admit I was even more upset about the vault..that girl TOTALLY FELL!! Anyway-Thanks for my post. Things aren't too bad right now..just super sick of being prego!! I am 27 1/2 weeks. I'll probably deliver about the time Sha is due. Gage and Taya came almost exactly 1 month early and I'm sure these two will be late early..if not earlier. Hope all is great for you..where in Utah are you moving? Have a happy day! Lataz~Love always, Kasey

Charles Family said...

Oh Al I love you! You are so stinking cute! I just wanted you to know that. I was so glad to see you the other day. You need to call me and we can get together before you leave for SLC! I'm gonna miss you!

Post a Comment