Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Murri Family Reunion

WARNING: PICTURE HEAVY
This post contains about 15 pictures. They are awesome, yes, but to some it is tedious looking through so many pictures on one post. Just thought I'd give a heads up!
___________________

Every second weekend in August my mom's side of the family heads up to good old Ashton, Idaho, for our Murri family reunion. So August 7-9 we did just that. My grandparents own a cabin on Fall River and we all bring our tents and camp trailers up for a weekend of food, cards, and ring toss.

This year was the first in almost eight that we would all be together because of missions and other such events so we decided to get a big family picture. And every year since the year 2000 we have played a ring toss game my grandpa made and had a tournament with it. My cousin Tyrel made us t-shirts this year so it made things extra fun.

We had a great time at our family reunion! I took a LOT of pictures while we were up there, but here are just a few so you can get a taste of what we did that weekend.
_________________
Family Photos:

my family


the whole Murri clan

all the boy cousins

all the girl cousins

the parents

Random Reunion Events:

We decided to do something different this year and have a 5k. I decided to run it, and I even beat my last 5k time by four minutes, I was so excited! This was everybody who got up at 6:00 to run or walk.

the awesome shirts Tyrel made - Jena wanted a picture of the logo on her phone so different people were holding the shirt straight for her.

Ashleigh and I were twins for the night! Blonde, wavy hair with grey t-shirts! (Ashleigh will be one of the people I live with while I'm in Utah this fall.)

We had ribs for dinner on Friday night and it was delicious! Jena and I wanted a picture of us chowin' down. (Anybody seen the movie Anchorman? I can't help but quote this line!: "Ribs. I had ribs for lunch. That's why I'm doing this.")

The Ring Toss Tournament:

This is what we did almost the entire weekend. If we weren't eating or playing a game of cards, we were watching people play ring toss for the tournament. My brother Aaron and our new cousin-in-law Kristen (Brandon's wife) were playing in this picture.

Uncle Lance and Grandpa battling it out

This is a close up of one of the boards during a game.

My people! Jena, Tyrel, Amber, Deidre, and I have always been really close. We are good buddies, that's for sure! After eight years of use, we decided to retire this board. Everybody in the family signed it and we put it away for good. (That's why we're holding the board in the picture.)

a close up of the retired board

the whole family in our ring toss shirts

_____________________

We had such a great time at our reunion! I've got to be one of the luckiest people in the world to be part of such an awesome family.

Until next year!

9 comments:

Holly said...

That looks like FUN! I seriously LOVE the colors for the pics the greens and browns look so great together!!

Criscell said...

What an awesome family you have! That looks like loads of fun. The family pictures are so cute too!

Steph said...

Yeah, that looks like a blast. And that ring toss--intense! Ha ha. I love that you have t-shirts. Very fun. That is pretty amazing you were all able to be there this year.

Britney O'Connor said...

I LOVED this reunion- and was so excited to be there since my family doesn't have them. Every single person is SO much fun! I can't wait til next year already!

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures. Your family looks so close, I love it, thats how my family is too, but there is so nany of us. So have you moved to Utah yet? When arey ou going to?! Where you living again?

Judy said...

Hey! What a good idea to do all the cousins and parents...ect...You know me, I love pictures! You guys are so lucky to do family reunions! We should do more. You look so good! When do you leave for Utah?

Todd & Chelsea said...

Ally, thanks so much for your hilarious comments! They seriously make my day- and thanks for the support on the pet issue- I feel like less of a crazy person to know I'm not the only one to love my pet like its a person:)
Love the reunion pics-looks like fun-you have a good lookin fam. Oh, and how the hell do you do your hair when its all cute and wavy. I've thought that a few times. It makes me sad I cute my hair bc its sooo cute.
p.s. when do you move exactly? I'm so excited for your new adventure!

Kate Call said...

hold crap.. you have a huge family!! i LOVE it!! aren't big families the best ever! my family members are seriously my best friends! love the fam pictures.. your beautiful

Kate the Great said...

These pictures are great! I love it!

Post a Comment