Sunday, August 3, 2008

"Ah, salmon skin roll."

For all you "Friends" fans out there (Kaylie and Amber, I know you got that immediately), the title of this post is a line from the episode "The One with Unagi". And that's exactly what I tried for the first time last night - sushi! I went out with a group to Blue Hashi in Idaho Falls and decided to be brave about the whole sushi thing. I was a little unsure, but it was my duty to try something new. And sushi was that something new. As an entree, I played it safe and got noodles with chicken and veggies. Lame, I know. But Tyson and I ordered a shrimp tempura roll with no sea weed, so that was my moment of bravery. His sister Angie said it was best without the sea weed - apparently that's where the gross flavor happens. When it was all said and done, I really enjoyed it. The shrimp tempura didn't have any raw meat or fish eggs in it. (Although Tyson tried some with both raw fish and fish eggs, that was classic.) But the roll I had was pretty tasty. The whole sushi experience was a good one, and now I know what to order the next time I have sushi. I'm so proud of myself for trying sushi!

5 comments:

The King's said...

Way to be brave and try sushi! I have only found one roll that doesn't make me gag. It is the crunch roll at Blue Hashi, you should try it. My husband really likes sushi so we go there quite a bit compared to most people. He will eat almost anything there regardless of what is in it, but you have to realize he served his mission in Korea and they eat some strange stuff there. I wish I could be less picky like him but alas I grew up here in Idaho, land of the meat and potatoes!

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

Hahaha!! "What would you as the attacker do next?" I miss that about you and Amber and Carino's as well. All the FRIENDS. Speaking of, I'm watching it right now and I miss you guys.
You are definitely more brave than I am. I don't think anyone could ever get me to try sushi. You are my hero.

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

I just saw what you wrote on Amber's blog, and don't feel bad because I haven't read the twighlight series either. It seems like EVERYONE else has, though. Whittney had the first book, so I stole it from her while she's gone, but I haven't started reading it.

Todd & Chelsea said...

UNAGI! First CONGRATS on getting the internship!!! That is so awesome. I hope you are feeling very proud of yourself. Second, not that you're heading to SLC I'm already thinking of eligible bachelors I know!! Let me know when you get all settled!

Baileys said...

your right...I did get it right off. Is that cool...or sad? Good job!! Maybe its just cuz i am prego but that sounds completley disgusting and something i will never do! But good job to you.

Post a Comment