Sunday, August 10, 2008

Ring Toss & Rock 'n Roll

This weekend was our annual Murri Family Reunion and it was so much fun! We had all five of the new in-laws there and they fit right in. Not to mention the 8th annual Murri Ring-Toss Tournament (hence the awesome logo Tyrel made). This year was hardcore. We had t-shirts and everything! I will be posting pictures later - believe me, I took 300. This reunion was so fun, and also special in a few ways. The first is that for the first time in eight years we had every member of the family present, including grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins. This was also the 30th anniversary of my grandparents owning their cabin we have the reunion at every year. We always have such a great time, its awesome. (PS The person on the logo is my aunt Janell, and I took that picture two years ago! Woo hoo!)


My little brother Adam had to leave the reunion early tonight because he and his band were participating in Battle of the Bands in Idaho Falls. They play a lot of differents shows in the valley and have recently made a CD. And it turns out they totally swept Battle of the Bands and took first place! They won $1000 and eight hours of recording studio time, which normally costs around $200 an hour. Amy sent me a text up to the reunion tonight to give me the good news and I was so excited to tell everybody! I'm so proud of my little brother, he's so incredibly talented. He plays the guitar and drums, but in the band he is the drummer. He's so good! I just love him.

4 comments:

Britney O'Connor said...

Yay for the Murri family reunion and for Adam! :) I'm anticipating the arrival of all the amazing pictures! Ha.

scsattnco said...

Just wanted to say congratulations and good luck on your internship! That's so exciting. Can't wait to hear how it goes! And thanks for that 5-min chocolate cake recipe. That's perfect! Our family can't usually go through a whole cake mix, so I don't usually make them, but I LOVE chocolate cake!

Baileys said...

WOOHOO! Sounds like things are going great!

Judy said...

I have heard Adam Play. Wow that is awesome. I love family reunions. We need to have more. (some) I guess no one likes to plan them. Good for you guys!

Post a Comment