Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thankful Thursday


Something weird about me is that I have to end each month of posts on my blog with an even number. So doing "Thankful Thursday" tonight gave me 12 posts for the month of July, which was perfect! (I know, I'm kind of a weirdo.)

________________________

1. The first thing I'm thankful for today is family. And not just my siblings and parents, but my extended family. I am one of the luckiest people around because I am so close to my extended family. We look forward to events where we get to see each other. Most recently on the Murri side, my cousin Brandon's wedding open house and his little brother coming home off his mission. And next weekend is our Murri family reunion so we're all jumping for joy about that one. You can't get any better than spending three days in Ashton, ID, with 45 of your favorite people! I just love my family. I'm so grateful for each and every one of them.

2. The second thing I'm thankful for today is work. I will be putting my two weeks in at Carino's here in the next couple of weeks and I just can't even believe it! And neither can my bosses. After seven years of working there I never pictured the day I would leave it. Even though I'll only be gone till December, I still feel sad about leaving. It's been a part of my life for the last seven years straight, and I'm temporarily ending that. Working at Carino's has been great. They've taken great care of me, and I've developed relationships there that will last forever. Viva la Carino's!
___________________
Well that was it for July! Now on to August...and it's going to be a busy one! Can't wait!

5 comments:

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

So, you have a little bit of OCD, huh? :) You are so awesome and I hope you have a great time in Utah. Keep in touch, alright?

Kate Call said...

i never thought i would see the day that you would not be at carinos either.. i just plan on seeing you or your sister when i go;) ! i'm sure they will miss you! jeremy and i are in utah too.. we LOVE it! you will love love it here, and it sounds like you have a great opportunity with your internship here, how exciting! good luck!

The King's said...

Way to be thankful, reading this always puts life into perspective and gets you thinking about how much there is to be thankful for! I am very excited for you and your internship, good luck with it!

Jessica said...

I love how you have a Thankful Thursday. It's such a good reminder to be thankful period. Sometimes I slack. Good luck in Utah. It will be fun to read your blog with your adventures ahead.

Judy said...

Alli-my girl!
congratulations on your intern! wow and why not you? You are amazing. You deserve this! Thanks for the tag....i will do it. don't forget to leave memories on my blog! Love the thankful Thursday. Always love to see what you are thankful for. Where do you get all the cute pictures on your blog? Love them! You have lots of fun stuff going on...I guess it has been a few days since I checked up on ya!

Post a Comment