Friday, July 4, 2008

Thankful Thursday on a Friday

I forgot to do my "Thankful Thursday" yesterday, so I thought today would be a great day to make up for it.
____
____

I absolutely love the Fourth of July and everything about it! And I think this week I am especially thankful for our country. Every year when the Fourth of July comes around I have the opportunity to leave Idaho Falls and go somewhere else for the festivities. But I can't find it in my heart to do it! I think Idaho Falls has a lot of pride in itself, especially on the Fourth of July, and I love that. I love the feel of the city on this day and how the people that live here show their love for America. I love how all the people come out for the parade and the fireworks, and I love just walking through those crowds watching everybody. I'm grateful to live in a free country where kids can play in their yards without being afraid, and parents can choose where those kids go to school. I am so grateful for those brave men and women who continually fight the good fight for my benefit and my family's. This country is the greatest. I love it, and I am so blessed to be an American. I love the USA!

2 comments:

Kate the Great said...

My last two "Forth of July's" in a row have been in Idaho Falls... I had an ok 4th this year..but it just wasn't the same... I missed IF fireworks!!!

Amy said...

I would have to agree with you. I love this country. How are you Alli? Hope everything is going well. Congrats on the new sister in law.

Post a Comment