Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'm Movin' to Utah!

I got the internship I applied for, and I'm so excited about it! I can't believe I actually got it. There were 20 applicants and they picked me. That doesn't happen to me! I found out yesterday, but I didn't want to make it public until I told the girls I was planning on living with this fall. It was so hard calling them and breaking the news. We lived together all last year and had so much fun. I was really excited to live with them again. But they were so supportive! I felt so much better after talking to them. I love those girls.

I'll be living with my uncle Bob and aunt Penney in Farmington and making the commute to Salt Lake City every day to work for Richter7 as their fall intern. I will be moving back to Idaho Falls in December. I was really nervous when I first applied (as I'm sure you remember) but I have decided this is the best time to do an internship. I'll be getting it out of the way for graduation. And even though I'm supposed to be enrolled in classes this fall, I will do fast grad and go to school from January to December and graduate then.

I still can't believe I got this internship! I am so excited about it. Richter7 is such a great company, and I really think I will be able to do a good job for them. They're a fun and energetic company, and this internship is going to be such a great experience.

______________________________

I have another birthday shout out! My cousin
Deidre Rasmussen is 22 today and I want to tell her happy birthday! She lives down by St. George and I just miss her so much! But I get to see her at our family reunion next weekend and I'm so excited!! Love you, Dei!

11 comments:

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Congrats Alli! That is so exciting. It will be an adventure for sure. Best of luck with all of it! You'll be great.

Holly said...

Congratulations Ali! IT sounds like it is going to be AWESOME!! :)

Steph said...

Congrats, Alli! You're awesome and that is great news. I bet that commute will get old, but that's nice that you can stay with relatives.

Britney O'Connor said...

SO proud of you! You'll love my little ole Utah :). Now we have another reason to come and visit!

Baileys said...

WOW! When do u leave? That is so exciting! Keep me updated.

Amber Penrod said...

WOW! That is so exciting, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I agree, Richter 7 would be an awesome place to work! I actually applied there back in April but they werent looking for anyone then. I did have an interview for "in the future" possibilities and I left sayingto myself-"I would LOVE to work there!" It really seemed like a fun environment and great company! Who was your interview with? That is awesome, you will have to keep me posted. I am also working downtown right now for IHC writing content for their websites. CONGRATS!

Court and Brade said...

way to go on your internship cute alli! I bet it was a hard decision... or at least hard to leave your rexburg girls for now! But you will be given new opportunities and meet new friends and learn so much! So gREAT!

Court and Brade said...

Are you or Amber in touch with Nicole white from Carino's (but from Rexburg!)... I haven't talked to her forever and was just thinking about her and wanted to see if you guys know where she is! thx

Kate the Great said...

Congratulations Alli I'm very excited for you. I bet you will have so many wonderful new experiences. When do you move?

Anonymous said...

THATS SO EXCITING THAT YOUR MOVING? MY HUSBAND AND I ARE MOVING TO SLC FOR ONE SEMESTER, HE'S GOING TO THE LDSBC. WE'RE A LITTLE NERVOUS BUT IT WILL BE FUN, GOOD TO DO THESE THINGS WHILE WE'RE YOUNG. SCHOOL STARTS SEPT 9 SO WE'RE GOING IN ABOUT 3 WEEKS, LET ME KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE AND WE COULD EVEN DOUBLE

bb,tonya and cam... said...

congrats! billy and I are excited to have you down our way for a little while! we will have to hang out sometime now that you will be in our neck of the woods!

Post a Comment