Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What a Weekend!

It is Tuesday and I feel like the weekend is just ending. I can't believe how busy I have been! I took three trips from Rexburg this last week moving my stuff back to my parents' house in Idaho Falls. I spend so much tme moving back and forth from Rexburg, it drives me crazy some times. This time especially was exhausting. By Friday I had everything moved, but not exactly settled in. Most of it sat in the hall way or living room of my parents' house till Saturday (which I'm sure my parents appreciated). And the rest of finals went very well, I can breathe now. Thanks for being so supportive during all the chaos!

Friday night I got tickets to "The Dark Knight" so I asked Tyson to go with me. That movie is great! We both really enjoyed it. I don't know how many people out there have seen it, but it was awesome. It didn't feel so much like a Batman movie, and I really liked that. It was pretty dark and twisty. Heath Ledger absolutey stole the show as the Joker. When he wasn't in a scene I found myself wanting more of him. I just loved it! It was a great night to just have some fun after a crazy week of moving. I spent all day Saturday unpacking my stuff and getting settled back into my room. It took me almost all day, I can't believe how much stuff I have!


I had an interview for an internship on Monday in Salt Lake City. Mom and I drove down for the day. The internship is for a public relations / ad agency called Richter7, and I was really excited to apply for it. They spend their time representing other companies, basically making them look good and bringing them into the limelight. The company is the most successful agency in Salt Lake City and they have done some pretty impressive work for many businesses, even landing them spots on "The Today Show", "The Early Show", and in magazines such as People and Seventeen. The interview went very smoothly and I felt like I got along really well with the person interviewing me. She even brought in the executive vice president for a little while. Scary! He is friends with one of my teachers from school so that was convenient.
_____________________
Everything was going incredibly well...until she dropped a major bomb on me. The job description said the intern was needed next April, but they actually need an intern for this fall. I would have to move to Salt Lake City by the end of August to begin work. So now I don't know what to do. Part of me thinks if I get this internship I should just move and take the opportunity. But the other part of me wants to move back to Rexburg in the fall and continue to take classes. I'm also afraid of missing out on some great things that could happen here if I don't up and move to Utah. I just really don't know what to do. I find out next week if I get the internship or not so I'm pretty anxious. Whatever happens though, the interview was a great experience, and I plan on applying for a position there in the future. Somebody needs to just tell me what to do! I don't want to make this decision. I also need to keep in mind that everything happens for a reason. If this is meant to happen, it will. It just scares me to death. (And I guess I need to just see if I got the internship or not. For now I'll just be incredibly anxious and flip out a little bit.)

5 comments:

personpitch said...

lets blog list each other

just comment on some post that you added mine and then i'll add yours as well

http://guavanewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

Wow...lots of stress and fun stuff like that. Just pray and know that you will know what's right for you. If it does work out and you end up in Utah, don't focus on and think about the things you will miss out on in Rexburg...think of all of the things that you will be apart of and the opportunities that you will have in Utah. No matter what happens, you will be blessed and you will do awesome. (I know that probably doesn't help any, but just try to relax and know that everything will work out.) Love ya girl.

Kate the Great said...

Good luck Alli. I know how annoying it is trying to figure out what you're going to do and having to wait and rely on the Spirit. Just remember the Lord has a plan for you!

I hope you end up in Salt Lake because then you'll be closer to me. :) Since I'll be in Phoenix.

Todd & Chelsea said...

What an exciting time! Making those decisions are so hard but think how exciting it is to have it all at your fingertips! At plus, you just HAVE to trust that it will all work out for the best. Not to tip the scales, but I REALLY loved living in SLC. There is so much to do all the time! You can be like a mormon version of the sex and the city girls. Thats just my two cents though! GOOD LUCK:)

p.s. if you do move there hit me up for help finding a place to live...I feel like an expert now.

Andrew and Collette said...

That sounds so awesome! I know whatever you decide to do you will do well and make the most of your experiences! Good Luck!!!

Post a Comment