Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fourth of July Firecracker 5k / Fireworks

Well I don't know about you guys, but I had myself an all-American weekend! I love the Fourth of July! I am one of those people from Idaho Falls that loves to do it all on the Fourth.
My all-American day started with the 5k run in the morning before the parade. It was my first 5k and I was a little nervous. But it ended up being so much fun! Amber ended up running it with me, along with my aunt Janell and her daughter and my cousin Chloe. It was a lot of fun! After the 5k we sat and watched the parade with the rest of Janell and Chloe's family. Later on in the day my immediate family had a barbecue, and all my favorite all-American foods were present: hotdogs, ice cream cones, and diet pepsi. It was great! I love barbecues.

After the barbecue I went to the Idaho Falls fireworks with Kristine and some of her friends from BYU-Idaho. I love the fireworks! Especially being right on the green belt. It was fun. We were able to see a lot of friends from high school that we hadn't seen in a while. My friend Kelli Hoopes-Eccelston came up from Sandy, UT, to watch the fireworks with her family so I got to see her. It was a lot of fun.
Lora, Sarah, Kristine, Desiree, Tammy, and I at the firworks

Kris and I

_____________

How much more all-American can you get! I just needed to play some baseball and I would have been good to go! I love the Fourth of July, and I had such a great time spending it with family and friends. I can't wait till next year!

6 comments:

The King's said...

Sounds like a great day! You are like me, I love the 4th and love to do everything that I can fit in on that day! Yay for America!

Brad said...

Grats on the 5k! And yes the fireworks were totally awesome. It was the first year I had seen them and I was very pleased!

Kate the Great said...

5k, that's awesome Alli... I wish I was out there running 5ks with you! I haven't ran one in like 5 years! Baseball is awesome too...even though you didn't watch any.. I just thought I'd throw that out there... I love Baseball......

Britney O'Connor said...

Why do you always look so pretty...even when running a 5k? I will be there with you next year...although right now I can barely run a mile without killing over...my training started today :) ha. Love you sissie!

Criscell said...

Hey you! How are you? I'm so jealous of your wonderful 4th in good ol' IF! I missed it terribly this year. Good job on your 5k--way to go! And you got to see Kelli!

Drew and Michelle said...

5k... next it'll be a 10k... pretty soon you'll be running Marathons!
Oh man...I love 4th of July in Idaho Falls, hanging out at the river, seeing everyone and watching that spectacular show. Lucky, lucky girl!

Post a Comment