Tuesday, November 3, 2009

One Year Ago

Yesterday marked one year that my dad's cabinet business caught on fire. It is hard to believe it has already been a year. Not exactly the kind of anniversary we like to celebrate in the O'Connor family. You can find the original post here.
But things have really turned around since that dreary morning of November 2, 2008. My amazing dad got right up and kept on moving. After moving to a couple more shops, he has found another place for O'Connor Cabinetry to take flight again. The day the shop caught on fire was a day I thought I'd never have to witness. But when it happened, I was impressed with my dad and how he handled everything. I didn't think he would totally lose hope in everything, but I never expected him to be the one to keep the rest of us going. I never thought he would be the telling us everything was going to work out and that "these things happen." And we can't forget the famous line he has spoken multiple times over the last year: "It could have been worse." He has always had the best attitude.
My dad is truly an great role model for our family, and we have all learned a lot from him over the years. We all appreciate all of his hard work and dedication that has made our family into the hard-working, dedicated, and tightly-sealed unit we are today. We love you, Dad! Here's to a great year with the family business and many new adventures!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm glad that things have picked up for your family again. I have no idea how I would handle such a trial!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I have always loved your dad!!

Judy said...

Wow how time flies! Your parents are amazing!!!!!

Post a Comment