Saturday, May 30, 2009

Flower Fun

We first would like to start this post by saying how truly sorry we are for our friends Angie and Neal's loss this morning. Their little baby boy returned back home to Heavenly Father after an hour and a half of life. Ang and Neal, our hearts ache for you today, and our thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. We love you!

Image via flickr.com

This morning Tyson and I got an early start to do some cleaning and get the lawn mowed. After getting ready for the day we headed off to go buy flowers to get planted in the flower beds. My mom told us there was a great selection of flowers at Fred Meyer so we went right over. And she was so right! We had a lot of flowers to choose from, and we ended up leaving with a great variety. When we got home we went right to work on all the pots and the flower bed. All the flowers look so pretty and friendly. I think planting flowers is one of my favorite parts of the summer. We had a great day getting our flowers planted. Now let's see if we can keep them alive!

The view from the driveway. It's summer time at the Miller's!

We put together two pots that look like this. One is by the garage door and the other is by the front steps.
We did these two and put them against the wall coming up the front walkway.
A close up of one of the boxes
The second pot and some of the other flowers
And yes, we planted sunflowers! They are so cute!
And of course, we can't forget the pot in the back yard. This one is sitting at the base of the back steps.
Summer is finally here!

5 comments:

bb,tonya and cam... said...

i love planting flowers! it puts you in the best mood for summer!

Amber said...

Yay! I should take picture of our plants too except they haven't matured yet. We have a few plants that have started to bloom but the other ones are still just green. I can't wait until fall and my plants start to look beautimous! That red spike that you have in your pot is cute. I had the exact one in my hand when mom and I went together and I put it back so I wouldn't go over my budget. :( I ended up going back and just getting a green spike because I had left over petunias. And red petunias wouldn't look good with a red spike. Anyway, I love planting! I was outside all day doing it too. I can't wait for the end result when they start to bloom

Joanie said...

I love flowers too! Your pots look beautiful. I just love summer.

Unknown said...

All your flowers look pretty great. I'm sure you'll keep them alive! You should totally come see us. There's so much to do here, and we would love to have our first visitors (well, I guess the missionaries have been over twice)! Do you guys like camping? There are some awsome camping places around maybe we could go together for a Friday night or something?

Morrows said...

Awesome flowers Alli! They look great! I need to get planting a few pots so I have some color in our yard...I just has dirt :(

Post a Comment