Thursday, May 21, 2009

Good Grief

Tyson and I have made it a nightly tradition of watching "Wheel of Fortune". We each have Wheel Watcher Spin ID's (yes, that' s right - we're hard core) so we like to see if we win prizes during each episode. So fun! The contestants that go on that show are so lucky. I would love to go on that show, and I would cream everyone if I did go! People are walking off that set with thousands of dollars in cash and prizes, and we're just jealous as all heck. The contestants are normally pretty good.
But there was a lady on tonight that made us want to freak out! She was so rediculously off it was making us crazy. Two times she messed up on solving the puzzle (which both times she pretty much just had to read) and both times she handed the money to another contestant because she pretty much gave the answers away.

Here is what we're talking about. Can you figure this out?



A/H__LE/I__/ __ __ E



The answer was:



A hole in one



Her answer that she confidently shouted out to the millions of people watching:



A hole in WALL

Two things...
1) The word "wall" has four letters.
2) There is no "E" in wall.


And the second puzzle she slaughtered:



A/PINCH/OF/THIS/AN__/A/ __ASH/OF/THAT



Can you figure that out? I bet you can!
This is the answer:


A pinch of this and a dash of that

And this is what she said:


A pinch of this and a WASH of that
Not too sure that makes sense. Hmmm...
_________________
Needless to say, Tyson and I were both having absolute fits while watching this lady completely throw herself under the bus. And I'm sure her fiance' who was in the audience was ready to dump her.


Total losses from these two puzzles:
over $5,000

Seriously? It was difficult to watch! People like that make that show incredibly entertaining.
Good grief.
____
image via gamedroid.net

5 comments:

Amber said...

Oh my gosh are you kidding? I would have died to! I got those puzzles immediately without looking at the answer! I would have screamed profanitys at her. I bet you and Tyson were hilarious probably yelling at the tv ha ha.I love that you guys both have spin IDs. That just makes me laugh. You guys are funny. And Alli, you really need to go on that show. You would destroy everyone. You get them so quick! Anyway, I laughed out loud when I read your blog because I can totally picture you and Tyson freaking out at the dumb lady ha ha. Gotta love stupid people. Hey lets do something this weekend!!! Maybe Saturday? Or Whenever. Love ya!

Kimi Jean said...

When I was in high school, I was invited to try out for a special "Teen Best Friends" edition of Wheel of Fortune, so I got my best friend and we drove up to L.A. for the audition. We got to the second round of auditions and they were calling out peoples name's to guess a letter in the puzzle and try to solve. Well, when my best friend and me were called, we guessed a letter, which was correct, and the rest of the puzzle was _ade in the shade. I turned to her, since she was the louder one and was calling out our answers, and told her "Made in the shade!" She turns to the judges, and yells as loud as she can "WADE in the shade!"
Needless to say, we didn't make it to the next round. Haha.

Camille said...

You are hilarious! Isn't it funny how we can get such entertainment/agitation from other peoples' stupidity? Ya, I often think that I could win some of those money shows, but when it comes right down to it, I really don't know how I would work under that kind of pressure. Man, that would suck, though, to lose that much over those two! Poor lady!

Chelsi said...

Seriously?! I have a hard time watching stuff like that too. My grandma "Great" is a faithful watcher. She loves that show. I hope you get on the show, that would be sweet! Let us know if you ever win anything ;)

Party of Five said...

Ok, so, being on a gameshow is on my bucket list, but I'm SO not good at word puzzles, so I don't think it will be wheel of fortune. I'm thinking deal or no deal. What do you think?

Post a Comment