Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ice Chips

A friend of our family's is in the ICU after an aneurism and a stroke on Sunday. Her daughter Judy has for years been a good friend of my mom's. And Amber and I have been friends with her daughter Stacy for as long as we can remember. In short, our families have been friends for a very long time. And after hearing about Judy's mom we have all been praying for her and the family.

This afternoon I went with Amber and Mom to the hospital to visit her. Tears came to my eyes as I saw her lying there. But I knew that she was doing much better than she was doing before. The entire time we were there Judy's mom was talking with the same personality she's always had and making us all laugh. At one point she was talking about how much she loved water and ice chips. She couldn't believe how good they tasted. She even said,

"Ice chips are better than cake and ice
cream."
As we were all laughing I was thinking about how such a simple statement had so much meaning. It is easy to take things for granted. Life comes at us so fast, and I want my friends and family to always know how much they mean to me. It is hard to understand why things happen to us like they do. And the Pasley family is one of those that are the best examples of getting through anything. They are amazing and have been through it all. They are wonderful examples for my family and I, and we love them!
I also just wanted to send out our thoughts and prayers to Angie Bodily-Guymon, her husband, and their first pregnancy. We are thinking about you guys and hope everything is going well. We love you, too!
Image via faqs.org

4 comments:

Amber said...

Well said Al, it's so true that we take things for granted. Mom and I stopped by Grandma's because mom wanted to tell her that she loved her. And also give her an update on Marietta. She is such a sweetheart. Her spirits were just so high today. She hadn't changed a bit ha ha. I Love that quote about the icechips. She reminds me a lot of Grandma. Anyway, I'm glad you posted this and I'm especially glad we got to go visit her. What great examples the Pasley Family are. My eyes openened today that's for sure. I love their fam. And I hope everything works out for Ang. Our friends just can't have enough scary things happen to them. And us too! Anyway, sure do love you Al!

Judy said...

It meant the world to me and mom that you 3 came to visit. We are so blessed with wonderful friends. We have all experienced a miracle and I will never look at ice cubes the same. Love you all tons!

Katie Lee said...

We are so blessed aren't we? You are such a good example to me. Thanks for your friendship Love ya lots!

Neal and Angie said...

Thanks Alli. Very well said! Lots of prayers to be said for Ang and for Judy and her sweet family! :)

Post a Comment