Monday, May 4, 2009

Oh My Good Heck

Warning: This post contains a lot of complaining and venting. I am so sick of homework and being in the library!! I bet you'll never guess where I am now. So much group work, even more busy work, way too much time spent in Rexburg...I just want to go home and be with my husband!
My normal days consist of getting up at 5 am to make it on campus before 7 am to work on one of the Macs in the Spori lab for my design class. I sure do love that graphic design class. (Actually it hasn't been too bad but this post is all about being grumpy toward school.) On some days I go to work immediately after class. But one or two days out of the week I have classes all day and don't get home till the evening. On the days where I have work I have to go to work then get right back up to Rexburg for group work. I HATE group work and that's all it is this semester. Today I've been in the library since noon and won't be out of here till probably 6:30. I have two groups I'm meeting with at 3 and 5, and hopefully they won't last too long. I just want to go home! To top my weeks off I have also been up here every Saturday, and this one won't be any different. I have to come up Saturday morning for a vision conference and then go to work almost immediately after that. I'm always grateful for Sunday because it's the only day that seems to be slowed down.

Only two weeks have gone by in the semester and I'm already wishing for finals. Hopefully the pressure and the anxiety ease up and I can relax a little bit. I just want to go home, get in my pajamas, and watch "Friends" or something. And drink a diet pepsi.

(I promise I'm not an angry person. I'm actually quite pleasant! So thank you for letting me vent!)

Image via Google Images

7 comments:

Ashley said...

What's a blog for if not for talking out your thoughts? Venting is good for ya, and we don't mind.
Keep up the hard work. You'll be glad you did.

Amber said...

That is perfectly fine Al. It feels good to get it off your chest. Isn't that what blogs are for? :) Plus you listened to me rant and rave about working for 24 hours ha ha. Sounds like you're working really hard. It truly does suck getting up that early and then being gone all day long. It's hard. All you want to do is just stay home and be with your hubby. I know how it is. But I'm proud of you! Way to stick to school and get the stuff you need to get done. Good for you for being committed. You're so smart and I know you'll do just great whizzin through all your classes. Keep up the good work ok! And then relax on Friday with Che and I. Sound good? I think so!! We sure do love you guys! Just think...only like 2 1;2 months before Vegas!! Then we can relax and have fun! Hey and if you need anything at all, you know someone to talk it out with (that's not a boy), I am always waiting. It's always nice to have a talk with your sis you know? :) I hope you have a good week Al. Love you so much!

Judy said...

I'm with you on the diet papsi!!!! It seems to calm me down, so I've been drinking alot lately! Hang in there babe! You can do it!

bb,tonya and cam... said...

I hear ya! everyone kept telling me how much easier school was when they got married...and then i got married and had one more semester left...and let me tell you....school was NOT easier haha...i wanted to pull my hair out cause not only was it my last semester...so i was stressed trying to get everything done and graduate but i was a newlywed and hated every second away from billy...i remember leaving for class at seven am and hopping back and forth from school to work to school and not getting home til after nine a couple days a week...it was aweful...so i totally feel your pain! just know...it's almost over! and you will love the no homework bit! PROMISE!

The Merrills said...

I totally know how you feel. I did that same thing after I got married. Idaho Falls to Rexburg everyday is NOT FUN. (I think you're getting the same degree as I did- Communications/Advertising?) Group work sucks big time. I'm sorry it's such a bummer. In the end, it will all be worth it (although sometimes I had to really convince myself of that). You're doing great. Go drink another Diet Pepsi.

Chelsi said...

We all need to vent. Sounds like a crazy schedule... just remember it will all be worth it when you are done! You'll look back one day and wonder how you did it :) You go girl!!

Neal and Angie said...

I remember those days. They stink big time especially when you just want to be home with your hubby! I really hope things slow down for you!

Post a Comment