Saturday, May 9, 2009

Abby

This is Abby. And this week we had the opportunity of adopting her for a few days. Dustin and Erika (Tyson's brother and his wife) had to give their kitty of three years to a new home due to rules at their new apartment in Jackson - no cats allowed. Erika's mom had been in town from Washington this week and decided she wanted to take Abby home to live with her. But until then Abby stayed with us. It was so fun having a kitty around! I love cats and my family has always had them. Tyson is allergic so her stay was just the right amount. But that means I can't ever have a kitty of my own. So having Abby around for a couple of days helped me with my cat fix.
She was so fun to have around. At first she was really shy and hiding a lot. But then I decided I really wanted her to warm up to us so I forced her to sit on my lap. After that she followed us around and jumped on our laps voluntarily. Her last night with us she slept at my feet. I loved it! She's so cute. While she was with us she spent a lot of time sleeping under the quilt rack and looking out the back sliding door.

I'm suprised how hard of a time we had having to send her off to Washington. We really enjoyed having her in our home. I was in Rexburg the night she left so luckily I didn't have to go with Tyson to take her. However, I was in tears when I got home knowing that she would be gone. I dont' know how I could get so attached to an animal so quickly! Before she left I had Amber take a couple of pictures of me with her to hold on to. She was just a little delight to have around, and Tyson and I were so glad we could help out Dustin and Erika during this hard time for them. I can't imagine having to give up my pet just like that. They're troopers!
And to Abby at your new home in Washington, thank you for brightening our lives for those few days you were here! We just love you!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Oh Love you Abby!

Chelsi said...

She looks like a good cat. I'm not much of a cat lover, mostly just the kittens. It makes a difference to have an animal around though.

Unknown said...

Tribute to my little Abby! Thanks again for helping out, I'm glad she was good for you guy.

Post a Comment