Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Visit from the Gift Card Fairy

On Friday morning I was on my way out the door for work when I noticed something on the front of my car. When I got closer to my car I noticed it was a Texas Roadhouse gift card, and it was wedged down between the bra and the hood. At first I thought somehow it had gotten lost. But when I noticed how wedged down there it was I realized someone had placed it there. I left it in my car until after work when I got home. Tyson was home as well and I told him about the card. There wasn't a sleeve on it so I didn't know how much it was for. It was then that I decided to call and see what the balance was. It was a $25 card, and I was completely shocked that someone was nice enough to leave it for me on my car. And I don't even know how long it had been there! I noticed it when I was leaving the house for work.
______________________
We decided last night to go to Roadhouse for dinner and use the card. It was the first time Tyson and I had gone to dinner by ourselves in who knows how long. And it was so much fun! We have no idea who placed the card on my car. But at any rate, we just want to thank the person who was generous enough to give us the gift card and allow us to have a date night together. That was so thoughtful, and Tyson and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

5 comments:

Amber said...

Wow really? It would drive me crazy if I didn't know who that was from. That was so thoughtful! I love Roadhouse. That would totally make my day. I'm glad you guys got to go on a little date. Oh and thanks for coming to see me at work today. It was so sweet of you guys to bring me a Diet Pepsi. Totally made my day. Sure do love you guys!

Judy said...

How fun is that?!!!!! What a fun surprise..... So good you got to go eat together. I love Texas Rhoadhouse!

VicandNanc said...

Yay! That's two good news posts in a row! I am happy for you guys :) That reminds me of when someone sent a Christmas Card with no return address & told me how much fun it was to see me when the kids had their teeth cleaned... then only signed their first name "and family". To this day I would love to know if some patient tracked down my address or if one of my friends thought it would be funny if I posted about the mysterious christmas card! If it was a joke... I still haven't asked any of my friends about it so as not to give them the pleasure of their joke! (if it even was!)

Britney O'Connor said...

Man, I wish the gift card fairy would come to our house! =) I love you guys...and you're def deserving.

Chelsi said...

That is so fun! I wish I could surprise people with fun gifts like that. YUM! I love Texas Roadhouse... date nights are the BEST!!

Post a Comment