Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Our Weekend in Utah

On Saturday, Tyson and I joined Amber, Che', and Aaron on a mini vaca down to Utah to visit Aaron's wife, Britney. She has been training for a new job for the last couple of weeks and we all decided to go down and hang out with her. We had so much fun!

When we arrived in the Salt Lake area we decided to spend some time looking around at Ikea. And was that just a wonderful experience for the eyes. We had a lot of fun just walking through all the displays and picturing what our houses would look like with all the fun and mod decor. After walking around Ikea for a while we met up with Britney in Draper for some Cafe Rio. Whenever we're in Utah we have to hit up the local Cafe Rio or Costa Vida. I think my last post made it clear why! Does the picture look familiar? Amber and I shared one of these delicious pork salads and it was superb! If we had things our way, we would have a Cafe Rio salad without the rice, but with the sweet rice from Bajio. One day we'll make it happen!
After Ikea we stopped over to 90th South for a little Tai Pan action. Tyson and I have been trying to find lamps for our room. Although we weren't successful in this area, we were able to find a new lamp for our living room. And it looks really good!
After Tai Pan the four of us went our separate ways from Aaron and Britney so they could spend the rest of the weekend together. So we went to the South Towne Mall and did some browsing. For some reason the styles of clothing just weren't agreeing with me. Everything seems so plain right now. So none of us ended up buying any clothes. After shopping we went to Mimi's Cafe for dinner. It was a first-time experience for all of us, so we weren't expecting such huge portions of food! It was really good, we enjoyed it.

After dinner we needed dessert. Of course. So we decided to locate the nearest Dairy Queen and go for a cherry-dipped cone. Delicious! I recall mentioning these yummy treats in a past post. We just love them! They're so good! And we all love them so it works out great.

On Sunday morning we had breakfast at the hotel and went to do a little shopping while we waited for Aaron. And it turned out to be yet another great shopping experience! We went to Burlington Coat Factory and found pillows for our couch and clock and fake tree for our living room. We were so excited to find those! We've been looking for something for the blank wall we've had, and when we saw the clock we knew it was perfect. And the tree was a steal at only $25. Woo hoo!


And to top things off, Tyson bought me a new Kathy Van Zeeland purse! I was so excited! Amber got one from Che' for Valentine's Day and I loved hers. And while at Burlington we saw this one for $50, originally $100. So Tyson said he'd buy it for me for an early something. I just couldn't let such a good deal pass me by! I love my new purse!

Even though we were only there for two days, we still had a great time in Utah. On the way home we were able to stop in at Uncle Bob and Aunt Penney's for a visit. It was nice to see them.

I love my family, and I'm so glad we're able to spend time together like we do!

Restaurant and store photos via Google Image

10 comments:

Chelsi said...

Glad you had a good time here. It still seems weird that I live in Utah now. Trips here were so much fun-now I live in the middle of it all, but I'm sure you know how that is. (At least for a minute) You found some cute stuff!

Kimi Jean said...

Mimi's Cafve is by FAR my favorite restaurant EVER! I really wish there was one closer to Rexburg than Utah, but oh well. I suppose if one was closer, I would OD from eating there so often!
If you ever go back again, be sure to get a muffin, if you didn't this time. They're muffins are absolutely delicious and I recommend them to everyone! Especially the bran muffins. Oh man, my mouth is watering just thinking ab out it.
Anyway, glad you had fun!

Meg said...

What, and you didn't stop by to say hi?!

Holly said...

Cute purse! HOw fun, I can't get enough of Ikea or Tai Pan! :)

Katie Lee said...

I am so jealous. I love tai pan, and I love Ikea. Craziness... I was in draper only two weekends ago... and last weekend I went to costa vida in Utah... yummo! I love their food!

Katie Lee said...

P.s. if you love to scrapbook, check out my blog-lots of fun!

Unknown said...

Glad you had fun...love all the new things you got--such great taste you have!

Amber said...

Oh the pillows look so good Al! I'm so glad we found those. And I love the lamp! "I love lamp." ha ha. Yes good times. :) Can't wait for VEGAS!

Britney O'Connor said...

We need an IKEA in IF asap. It's definitely one of my favorite stores everrrr. I'm sad I couldn't go with you guys.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the wonderful articles, let me very rewarding. Did you buy anything through the Internet? Recommend you click here, look like the style: air jordan spizike stealth black light graphite white and air jordan 4 iv air force one fusion fire red Discounted goods nike air jordan collezione countdown pack 11 12 Many cheap air jordan 5 v retro fire red white black fire red p there're many air jordan v 5 3m raging bull dmp 2 package you'll like that air jordan six rings white flint grey french blue or air jordan retro 3 2001 black cement grey Maybe these will suit you air jordan iii 3 white true blue 2009 retro and air jordan dub zero black white laser blue click air jordan iii 3 white true blue 2009 retro The quality is very good air jordan dub zero black white laser blueIt's very affordable air jordan 13 xiii retro black true red Many styles of waiting for you to choose air jordan 12 xii retro playoffs black white varsity red or air jordan 11 xi retro concords white black dark concordIf you can't wait to have them.

Post a Comment