Friday, March 13, 2009

Baji-licious!

We all have foods that we crave and restaurants we just can't live without. For me, I satisfy my hunger by enjoying a pork salad from Bajio. So good! I can't get over all the flavors in this salad, my tastebuds just go crazy! Tyson makes fun of me because whenever we go out somewhere to eat I mention Bajio as an option. I can't get over that salad! Tyson and I have always ordered one salad and shared it. But now we have an option: With the new menu at Bajio we can either share the regular-size salad, or we can each get our own half portions. And they're still so filling! I love them. And along with that new menu, Bajio also has different specials each day. And the pork salad is the Friday special with a price of only $4.99 for the half size. It is wonderful! In fact, my mom and I ran a bunch of errands today and enjoyed one of these babies for lunch today. It was great! Bajio is definitely one of the best places to eat. Similar restaurants to Bajio are Costa Vida and Cafe Rio (both of which I visited on a regular basis while I lived in Utah), and we're getting a Cafe Rio in Idaho Falls in the near future. They both have a salad like this, and I just love it no matter who makes it! If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it!

10 comments:

Judy said...

Can't wait for Cafe Rio. Whooo Hoooo. talked to your mom today. love her!

Judy said...

Can't wait for Cafe Rio. Whooo Hoooo. talked to your mom today. love her!

Camille said...

I totally hear you! I laughed when you said you always mention Bajio's as an option because that is totally me! I could be satisfied having their salad every other day. It is SO scrumptious! I even get the salad without meat and I don't even miss it! I didn't know they had half-portions. That is awesome. I am SO stolked for Cafe Rio to come, too! I am actually making their salad for dinner tomorrow with the sweet pork. I made the green ranchy dressing (I don't know what they call it) tonight and I'm already excited for dinner tomorrow!

Steph said...

Their chicken green chili salad is my fav. But it has to have the mango salsa. I totally crave Bajio, too, which is weird because I really don't like Mexican food. Oh, and I don't like to share. . . :) MMMmmm could go for it right now!

Britney O'Connor said...

BAH! I HATE BAJIO!!! Ha ha. The only way to go is cafe rio or costa (and we're going there for lunch today...yay!). See ya soon sissy!

Morrows said...

Yummy...I love Bajio too! Also, I can't wait for Cafe Rio to open up!

Chelsi said...

Cafe Rio is my weakness!!

Hailey said...

I think Cafe Rio is the reason I still live in Utah, and I don't really like mexican food either. I just love the sweet pork salad! I'm excited that IF is getting one.

Amber said...

I hear ya sis! Bajio is my favorite! I love Cafe Rio, I just prefer the sweet rice at Bajio then the mexican rice at Cafe Rio. I love that salad so much! Bajio here I come!

mb said...

It's because there is no Chipotle there. Once you have chipotle...you can't go to bajio/costa/cafe rio because it's just not as good.

Well...I suppose that's my opinion...

Post a Comment