Saturday, November 29, 2008

'Tis the Season

It has been so nice being home! Next week is my last official week at Richter7 so I'll be moving home next weekend. I can't believe how fast the time has gone! It is a bitter-sweet situation, that's for sure. But I think the majority of my feelings are going toward being home wtih my family and fiance'. I'll definitely miss my friends at work and my family I've lived with, but I'm ready to be home.

Thanksgiving was great! Tyson and I went to his aunt and uncle's house in Rexburg with the rest of the Miller side of the family. It was fun being able to meet new members of the family. Everyone was so nice! Tomorrow the girls are all throwing me a bridal shower and I'm really excited. Having a bridal shower really makes getting married a reality. After dinner we went to Grandma Murri's for dessert and games. The Murri side of the family had Thanksgiving at their house, and it was definitely a party. Lots of people, pie, and partying. We stayed for a few hours before leaving. Then we went back to Ucon and played games with Tyson's brothers and their wives. I love that we all get along so well! I have a lot of fun with those guys.

Today was a busy day, and of course I went out shopping. But none of that crazy 4 a.m. business. I did that once and I'll never do it again! I ended up going around 1:00 with Mom and Amy, and I was able to get Tyson a few more things for Christmas. This morning I had another dress fitting that went really well. I was able to find a pair of purple high heels to wear under my wedding dress, so now the dress doesn't need hemmed. Thank goodness! It was going to be a pain. We also got the house decorated for Christmas this morning. Technically we started last night, but we got it all done today. It looks really festive at the O'Connor's!

After getting home from all the shopping, it was about time to get ready for mine and Tyson's date night we were having. We decided it would be fun to take dinner home and decorate the house. We put up the tree and it looks great! I'm so excited for us to have our very own tree. I took a bunch of pictures, but I will post them later.

That has been my weekend thus far. It has been so much fun! I don't want to leave on Sunday. I'm just glad it will be my last time leaving everybody. Next Saturday I'm back home, and I can't wait!

3 comments:

Amber said...

I can't wait either!!!!

McKenzie @ Girl Loves Glam said...

I had so much fun at your bridal shower! It was also a blast to have you at Thanksgiving! You are such a doll! I am really excited to have you in the fam!

Adam and Brittany said...

What a fun Thanksgiving weekend! I got an invitation for you shower, but we couldn't make it up to Idaho for it, sorry! We thought it was a little too early to take our little one on that kind of a road trip. Hope it was wonderful, showers are so fun!

Post a Comment