Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"Twilight" Verdict

Thanks to all of you who commented on my last post and gave your opinions about my "Twilight" situation! After a few days of letting this post sit and people texting me their thoughts on the matter, I had 18 people give their opinions. And of course it turned out like this:

9 of you said to read the book first, and the other 9 said to just go see the movie.

Of course that would happen! I was going to wait for a tiebreaker but I've decided what I'm going to do:

Depending on when I have the opportunity to see it, I will read the book if I have time. But if the opportunity arises to go see the movie sooner I will just go see it.

Right down the middle!
A friend of mine who owns a movie theater was able to see the screening of the movie in Salt Lake last week and she really liked it. So that already is a good sign!
Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and opinions! They were very helpful. I'll keep you posted with what I end up doing! Also, I want to know what you all think of the movie when you see it. So if you could, would you leave me a comment telling me your thoughts on the movie vs. the book? Or just your thoughts on the movie all together? Thanks!

8 comments:

Amber said...

You crack me up sis. ha ha l love you

scsattnco said...

Wow! How great to find probably the only other person in the world in the same position as me! Still have never read the books, don't know much about the story line...trying to decide whether to see the movie or start reading the books first. I'll probably end up seeing the movie first! Let me know what you end up doing!

Judy said...

Hard decision!!!!!!! I have read all but the last one....and when next weeks festivities are over......NOTHING BUT BOOK!
Yesterday I was at Applebees with friends and my phone rang, I looked and it was your mom. I answered and she said, "look behind you." Good thing I answered!!! So fun to see her and Amber!!!!!!! Hope ya can come to the stuff next week, can't wait to see you!

Unknown said...

Well, I didn't get to comment on the earlier post, but I think you should see the movie- but that is just because I loved the books! :) I heard it is sold out in I.F. this weekend, but not here in Boise, so hopefully I get to go soon!

Amber said...

Well this has nothing to do with your post but I just have to say, I can't wait 'til you come home for Thanksgiving!!!! It's going to be so fun. I only work Monday through Wednesday and thenI have a four day weekend!!! Hooray! And then decorating for Christmas. It doesn't get any better than that. Love you ALli! Can't wait to see ya!

Ashley and Dave said...

I didnt comment on the last one...but can I be the breaking tie vote and say READ THE BOOK FIRST! The book is always better than any movie!

Unknown said...

I'm def. gonna say to READ THE BOOK FIRST!!!
I started the first book last Sunday after a million people have told me to read it, and I finished it 2 days later. It was SO great.
The movie (that I have seen twice already) I loved, but I don't think the book would have been as great if I had seen the movie. The book is definatly better than the movie and is really suspenceful ( I think I spelled that wrong!). I've already started reading the 3rd book, exactly 1 week after starting the first book. Read it first! Oh, and it's really really good.

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

Well, my dear. I know that my opinion is just one opinion and it doesn't really matter, but I didn't like the movie too much. I know they can't fit everything from the book into the movie, but I found it hard to watch because I didn't see half of the emotion and change of atmosphere that there is in the book. That probably sounds totally dumb, but I loved the book and really didn't like the movie much. Just one more opinion...you asked for it. ;) LOL
Only one more holiday 'til your wedding. :) I hope everything's still going as smoothly as you want it to. You're awesome girl.

Post a Comment