Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Remembering to Enjoy Life's Busy Moments

Life has been ultra crazy the last couple of days. I have been at the point where I have to remind myself that I'm going up to Idaho on Wednesday to enjoy a fun-filled Thanksgiving holiday with Tyson, my family, and his family. I can't wait!

We just finished a busy appointment at work that seemed to cause me a lot of stress over the last few days. Even a few tears were shed in preparation! But when it was all said and done, I thought about how it was all over just like that and how I didn't really take the time to enjoy the experience. It turns out we'll be doing the same thing next Tuesday for the same client so I'll have another opportunity. But it made me realize how much I need to remember to enjoy life even when I'm super busy. Those moments are still minutes in our lives being used - and most of the time they build character.

Within all these moments of thinking I remembered hearing the following quote that seems to fit:

"Know the true value of time! Snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it. No idleness, no procrastination. Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today."

--Philip Chesterfield


I think this is good advice that I know we've all heard before. The tricky part is practicing it. But it is doable! And that's the beauty of it. We can do it. And the best time to start is now. We only walk this way once. So why not enjoy the stroll?

And as author Susan Harrow once said:

"Life is a rush into the unknown. You can duck down and hope that nothing hits you, or stand as tall as you can and show it your teeth, saying 'Dish it up, baby, and don't be stingy on the jalapenos.'"

Enough said!

_______________

And Holly tagged me!

Seven Things I Can Do:
1. I can play the piano.
2. I can sing - I especially love singing with my sisters.
3. I can write papers really well and quickly, and at last minute.
4. I can give myself manicures, and they actually look pretty good!
5. I can get ready for the day really fast.
6. I can bake. Especially chocolate chip cookies!
7. I am a great hostess. I can't wait to have people over when I'm married! (Time to party, Tys!)

Seven Things I Can't Do:
1. I can't eat cream cheese or cottage cheese. Or rather, I WON'T eat cream cheese or cottage cheese ha ha.
2. I can't do a cartwheel.
3. I can't speak another language.
4. I can't drive a stick shift.
5. I can't go a day without talking to my family and Tyson.
6. I can't play baseball worth crap.
7. I can't bring myself to admit that chocolate isn't a food group.

Seven Things that Attracted Me to Tyson:
1. His dashing good looks
2. His sense of humor
3. His love for music
4. His love for his family
5. His work ethic
6. His testimony
7. He always had great date ideas and actually planned them. Even now he always has a plan!

Seven Things I Say Often:

1. "I love you"
2. "Seriously?"
3. "You have GOT to be kidding me."
4. "Remember that time..."
5. "Have a great day!"
6. "Oh!"
7. "Woo hoo!"

Seven People I Admire:
1. Tyson
2. Dad
3. Mom
4. Grandma O'Connor
5. Grandma Murri
6. Grandpa Murri
7. Amber

Seven Favorite Foods & Drinks:
1. Diet Pepsi (regular or wild cherry)
2. Thanksgiving dinner
3. Italian
4. Salad
5. Breads
6. Baked sweets (brownies, cookies...)
7. Mexican

Seven People I Tag:

1. Amber M.
2. Erika M.
3. Deidre R.
4. Katie H.
5. Lindsey G.
6. Ashlee C.
7. Megan H.

5 comments:

Amber said...

Oh Alli I admire you!! Thanks for posting that! And I will definitely do this tag as soon as I post our fun weekend tonight! And well said on the enjoying life's moments, I'm right there with ya. Those are some really great quotes. Can't wait to see you this weekend. LOVE YOU!!!

Holly said...

Fun tag wasn't it?! :) Thanks for posting these quotes! My lesson that I'm preparing for YW's is on Avoing Crisis Living, so these will go perfect with it! Do you mind if I steal them? :)

Katie Lee said...

I really like those quotes. and I super love tags... It's great getting to know more about your friends. Sounds like your doing good. happy Thanksgiving!

Amber said...

Oh my gosh AL I completely forgot to put up a picutre of the back seat! That was the best part of the whole trip! Wow I can't believe I forgot that. I better get on that ha ha. Can't wait for tomorrow! Love you

Amber said...

Oh my gosh AL I completely forgot to put up a picutre of the back seat! That was the best part of the whole trip! Wow I can't believe I forgot that. I better get on that ha ha. Can't wait for tomorrow! Love you

Post a Comment