Monday, December 1, 2008

A Christmas Tag

I love Christmas! And to start off the month of December I thought it would be fun to post a Christmas tag. Normally tags aren't my favorite, but this one makes me think about what I like to do at Christmas time so I enjoyed it. And I hope you post this as well!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I've always been very traditional and wrapped presents in paper. Sometimes I will do the gift bag if the present is an awkward shape. But if I can help it, I'd rather wrap them.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
i loved having a real tree when I was younger and would still love to have one! But it is nice having an artificial tree that lasts so long. Tyson and I have a pre-lit artificial tree and it is so cute. Plus, I'm a little bit afraid of putting up a real one and killing it!

3. When do you put up the tree?
the day after Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down?
Usually we take down the tree the first week of January. Although, I'm not too sure what Tyson wants to do...

5. Do you like eggnog?
Heck no! I can't stand the stuff.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Amber and I received a HUGE Barbie house for Christmas one year and it was awesome! It had had a ton of rooms and stairs...it even had an elevator. We pulled a string to make the elevator move. It was great.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
My brother, Aaron. Tough!

8. Easiest person to buy for?
My mom is pretty easy. So are my sisters. Tyson hasn't been too hard to buy for either.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
I have a small one that I can't find! But word on the street is that Tyson and I will be getting one from his parents. I'm so excited!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I'm all about tradition and like to mail them.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
When I was in seventh grade my friend gave me a yellow duck candle for Christmas. It was a big, yellow/orange duck with a wick on it's back, and it was by far the worst gift I have ever received.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Home Alone or Home Alone 2: Lost in New York

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
All year! I love finding creative gifts to give to people!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Nope. Ok, I lied. I used the duck as a white elephant gift. I had to pass on the madness to someone else!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
I have two favorites: honey-glazed ham on rolls and fudge

16. Lights on the tree?
Of course! Ours are white.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
I can't pick a favorite, I love them all! Except for "Dominic the Donkey." That one is horrible.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I love staying home at Christmas time. I'm glad mine and Tyson's families live so close so we don't have to go very far.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Of course! You'll just have to believe me on this one.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
We have a star on top of our tree.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
We were all about Christmas morning in my family. I don't think we've ever opened a single present on Christmas Eve. Tyson and I will start our own traditions that could involve Christmas Eve presents. Who knows!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
The stress. Everyone seems to get ultra stressed during the holidays and it would be nice for everyone to remain calm.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I just love red on a Christmas tree. I'm not a huge fan of the crazy colors. Our tree has ornaments from Tyson's grandmother. She has given him an ornament every year since he was a baby so it is really fun to see all the different kinds. The styles have definitely changed! We also started our own tradition of giving each other an ornament so those are up there too.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
honey-glazed ham with rolls and potatoes

25. Favorite family Christmas tradition?
We read from Luke on Christmas Eve, I've always liked that. I also just like the the entire month of December because my family loves to get together and play games. I love my family!

Happy Holidays!


3 comments:

Amber said...

Well said sis! Love the holidays with the fam!! Love ya!

Unknown said...

This post was fun to read! It is definatly fun to create your own traditions together.

Morrows said...

Alli! I am so excited that you are getting married! you are awesome! I haven't talk to you in forever! But I hope everything is great. Tyson sounds like a great guy!

Post a Comment