Thursday, December 3, 2009

It Feels Like Christmas

Merry Christmas one and all! We can't believe Christmas is already here. We have already been really busy. And the days are just getting busier and busier! We love it though.

We decorated the house for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. It sure was fun! Especially that I get to be around it all every day, unlike last year. Plus, we gained a lot more decorations this year.

Here is our second-annual Christmas decoration post!


Welcome to our house!
We put the wreath up that we had last year. Then we bought these two trees at Walgreens the day after Thanksgiving this year. Buy one get one free, can't beat that!

This is what it looks like when you walk in the front door.


The entry table
These stockings will also be used by Santa Claus on Christmas morning. And that little bowl will always have candy in it, so come on over!

My mom and sister found that cute countdown-to-Christmas Santa. There's a little candy cane that fits in the different date pockets every day.

The banister
My aunt Janell made us those stockings and gave them to me at my bridal shower last December. Pretty impressive!

We found that little sled at Real Deals for $8. Talk about a real deal! (No pun intended. Actually, it was intended ha ha.)
My mom gave me that snowman, and he sat out last year.
And that little tree had money tied to it at our wedding reception in January. Such a cute idea! And very much appreciated. :)
We also received that Christmas box as a wedding gift. It had Christmas ornaments. Also a great wedding gift idea!

My friend Kaylie's mom and dad gave these goblets to Tyson and I for a wedding gift. And I just love them! They look so great with all the Christmas decor.
There are two more that are sitting on the shelf in the dining room.


My grandma Murri gave us this garland. We added lights to it, and Tyson had the idea of putting it around the entertainment center.

Tyson's parents have given all of their kids a nativity set when they get married. They're all from everywhere around the world. His parents set out a lot in their living room, it's cool. We received this one last year. I wish I knew where it was from!

This is our end table.
My mom gave me this nativity a couple of years ago. And also the book The Christmas Box. I bought that picture frame at Kohl's on a great sale.

Here's a close up of the frame.
That picture is from our honeymoon in Jackson Hole, WY.

And we can't forget about the s'more mugs!
We also have the vase with Christmas balls that we set out last year.

Another new addition to the decor are these Christmas tree plates.
Tyson's mom gave them to us.

And finally, the tree! We had a good time decorating it, as always.


We continued our tradition of getting each other an ornament. We stayed with a theme of something that happened this year.
So we bought the M&M on the sled at M&M World in Vegas.
And I bought Tyson a little bride and groom to represent our wedding.

And it wouldn't be the year 2009 without surgeries!
So Tyson got me a little doctor ornament ha ha. Perfect!


Grandma Murri gave us a bunch of tree decorations she didn't want anymore.
Some of which included the gold garland with stars and the blingy gold balls.
They really add a lot to the tree.

There is also a pine cone garland on the tree along with red and green balls.
Can you see me in the reflection? :)


And of course, Tyson's ornaments. His Grandma Clawson has made an ornament for all her grandkids every year since they were little. So they're also on the tree.


And we kept the tradition alive by having dinner together with a little bubbly.
(Also known as Martinelli's sparkling cranberry grape juice.)

We even got the same dinner as last year.
Papa Kelsey's subs. Delicious!

Tyson chowing down.

6 comments:

Amber said...

Holy cow you got a lot of Christmas stuff!! I wish I had that much. You guys look like you are livin it up in that pic drinkin bubbly ha ha. Cute decorations. I have that "Merry Christmas" ornament too. I love it. I love this holiday

Amber said...

Holy cow you got a lot of Christmas stuff!! I wish I had that much. You guys look like you are livin it up in that pic drinkin bubbly ha ha. Cute decorations. I have that "Merry Christmas" ornament too. I love it. I love this holiday

Judy said...

It's so beautiful! I got Jerry one of the guy in his scrubs for his ornament this year. to funny

Ashley said...

I LOVE the tour. I am such a Christmas fene! Loved seeing the decorations. LOVED IT!

Britney O'Connor said...

Love all your Christmas decor...love the bubbly...and LOVE papa kelseys! :)

Kristi said...

It looks fabulous! Well done!

Post a Comment