Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Weekend in Salt Lake City

Tyson and I went to
Salt Lake City
the weekend of the 5th and 6th to do some
Christmas shopping.
We left early Saturday morning and shopped all day. We ended up getting all our shopping done [except for each other, that is]. But it still feels good to get the rest done!
The weather was supposed to be nice without snow. We were wrong!
We ended up hitting storms in Pocatello and Layton, of all places.
And the strangest part was that as soon as we left Layton and hit Farmington the roads were clear, the sun was shining, and the snow wasn't falling.
It was weird!

If you can imagine, my car was a mess. It wasn't exactly white anymore ha ha.
Tyson had to clean off my windows because they were so gross.


On Saturday night we finished our shopping, had dinner at Thai Foon, then went to Temple Square to see the lights. It was great!
We started off in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It was very pretty inside.


The nativity on the water was so cool looking.
I love the reflection.





This was one of the few big Christmas trees on Temple Square.
So pretty!


This was the nativity scene that also had some voice over.
It was really neat.






And we can't forget about the horse-drawn carriage rides!
This picture is dark, but they're there!


We had a great time in Salt Lake City! What a great place to be.
We also met up with my parents, who were there visiting Grandma O'Connor.
It was so nice to get away!

6 comments:

Britney O'Connor said...

I love temple square around Christmas time, so pretty!

Kristie said...

I love temple Square. I was just telling Jake that I wished that we lived closer so that we could take Mason to look at all the lights. I love shopping down in Utah too. How Fun!!!!

Abe n Linz said...

So pretty! Nothing like spending a lot of time with your hubby and shopping!!

Ashley said...

Don't you just love Temple square this time of the year...such a perfect spirit to be had there.

K&B Forever said...

looks like it was a lot of fun! Except I hate that every time you are in a picture it is either from ribs up or it is too dark and you are wearing something that is dark. I want to see if you are showing yet.. I mean common!! hahaha you have to be showing a little bit!! well anyways.. cute pics!

Kristi said...

How fun! It is great to see the lights, no matter how many times you have seen them before. Beautiful pictures!

Post a Comment